Programs For Troubled Teens for Families From Vermont
Families Trust Trails Carolina Programs for Troubled Teens from Vermont
Trails Carolina is one of the top programs for troubled teens from Vermont, because it offers a new, distraction free environment. Removing youth from social media, technology, and negative influences in their local area allows them to focus on their own behaviors and needs. Students who attend our program are surrounded by other individuals who understand their struggles. By being in a supportive environment, teens can build stronger relationships and skills needed to achieve lasting success.
Trails Carolina combines unique evidence-based therapeutic approaches with inspiring natural surroundings, a supportive community, and experienced experts. Vermont teens end up receiving some of the best care. Our wilderness therapy program is a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP), allowing us to offer Vermont teens and families the highest level of care.
Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for struggling teens, Trails Carolina places a strong emphasis on family systems. Located in Asheville, North Carolina, we have helped various families from across the country rebuild their relationships with their struggling child. With family therapy, family seminars, and family workshops, youth and families reconnect and reestablish the family unit.
Vermont Programs for Troubled Teens Families Trust: Trails Carolina
Wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens is becoming a widely supported and utilized form of treatment by multiple expert psychologists. Trails Carolina is one of the top reviewed programs for troubled teens from Vermont. Our wilderness therapy program combines comprehensive therapeutic treatment with nature to help youth struggling with emotional and behavioral issues. Many of our students struggle with challenges like depression, anxiety, self-esteem, defiance, school refusal, and substance experimentation.
Trails Carolina is unique from other programs for troubled teens from Vermont, because it provides adolescents with the tools they need to process their issues and emotions to find success after transitioning out of the program.
Although Trails Carolina is not located in Vermont, our wilderness therapy program has helped many teens and families find success from all over the United States. Wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens work best because they remove teens from negative influences or distractions of everyday life. When distance is applied, teens from Vermont can focus on their healing process and recognize how their behaviors and actions are affecting others.
For more information on how your Vermont teen can benefit from wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens, please call 800-975-7303.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Low self-esteem
– Family conflict
– Learning differences
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– School refusal
– Social isolation
– Poor academic achievement
– Attachment issues
– Manipulative behavior
– Adoption issues
– Gaming and technology obsession
Outdoor Behavioral Healthcare Council: The OBH Council is a group of representatives from top wilderness therapy programs around the country. These representatives are required to follow the strict regulations and expectations of best practices and guidelines. As a OBH Council member, Trails Carolina provides youth and families with the best, evidence-based practices and care available.
Psychology Today Psychology Today provides various articles on multiple topics related to mental health. As a well-known website, they offer various articles on news topics, research, and social media produced by experienced and educated mental health professionals. Their site includes a directory of therapeutic specialists and therapists around the United States who offer help in different mental health fields. Anyone can access their directory to find local or national resources.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Vermont Families From
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Vermont
Trails Carolina helps Vermont families from cities and towns like Charlotte Town of Stowe Dorset Fayston Waitsfield Williston Underhill Essex Town of Jericho Westford
- Improving Self Esteem for Teens on the Autism SpectrumLow self-esteem is often an ongoing challenge for teens on the autism spectrum. While they are often self-aware of their own interests and struggles, they struggle to communicate these to others due to fear of judgment or not fitting in. Many teens on the spectrum have a tendency to be... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 8, 2020 - 8:42 pm
- PTSD Can Lead to Aggression in TeensPeople tend to talk more about the “freeze response” in teens who have experienced trauma than to accept the reality of what “fight or flight” can look like. According to research recently published in JNeurosci., traumatic stress can cause aggression by strengthening two brain pathways involved in emotion. Understanding how... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 15, 2020 - 5:34 pm
- Wilderness Therapy Programs For Middle School StudentsAdolescence is a significant period of emotional development, where the therapeutic needs of middle schoolers are different from the needs of high schoolers. Teachers understand this and apply different techniques in the classrooms, so why shouldn’t wilderness programs? Currently, Trails is the only wilderness therapy programs for middle school students... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: March 11, 2020 - 6:32 pm