Programs For Troubled Teens for Families From Texas
Texas Programs for Troubled Teens Families Trust: Trails Carolina
Wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens is becoming a widely supported and utilized form of treatment by multiple expert psychologists. Trails Carolina is one of the top reviewed programs for troubled teens from Texas. Our wilderness therapy program combines comprehensive therapeutic treatment with nature to help youth struggling with emotional and behavioral issues. Many of our students struggle with challenges like depression, anxiety, self-esteem, defiance, school refusal, and substance experimentation.
Trails Carolina is unique from other programs for troubled teens from Texas, because it provides adolescents with the tools they need to process their issues and emotions to find success after transitioning out of the program.
Although Trails Carolina is not located in Texas, our wilderness therapy program has helped many teens and families find success from all over the United States. Wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens work best because they remove teens from negative influences or distractions of everyday life. When distance is applied, teens from Texas can focus on their healing process and recognize how their behaviors and actions are affecting others.
For more information on how your Texas teen can benefit from wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens, please call 800-975-7303.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Manipulative behavior
– School refusal
– Learning differences
– Attachment issues
– Social isolation
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Family conflict
– Low self-esteem
– Adoption issues
– Poor academic achievement
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
Families Trust Trails Carolina Programs for Troubled Teens from Texas
Trails Carolina is one of the top programs for troubled teens from Texas, because it offers a new, distraction free environment. Removing youth from social media, technology, and negative influences in their local area allows them to focus on their own behaviors and needs. Students who attend our program are surrounded by other individuals who understand their struggles. By being in a supportive environment, teens can build stronger relationships and skills needed to achieve lasting success.
Trails Carolina combines unique evidence-based therapeutic approaches with inspiring natural surroundings, a supportive community, and experienced experts. Texas teens end up receiving some of the best care. Our wilderness therapy program is a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP), allowing us to offer Texas teens and families the highest level of care.
Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for struggling teens, Trails Carolina places a strong emphasis on family systems. Located in Asheville, North Carolina, we have helped various families from across the country rebuild their relationships with their struggling child. With family therapy, family seminars, and family workshops, youth and families reconnect and reestablish the family unit.
Wikipedia: Wikipedia is a well-known resource that contains a wealth of information from various informed, experienced, and educated participants. While it is not always 100 percent reliable, it general has content that is correct and informative. Families can find in-depth description of wilderness therapy including its history and a general description of how it is used in the field of psychology. Wikipedia also discusses these various transitioning opportunities available after a teen attends wilderness therapy.
Wilderness Therapy is Effective: This study conducted by the Center for Research, Assessment, and Treatment Efficacy and the Arkansas Interdisciplinary Sciences Library, provides insight into the practices and effects of wilderness therapy programs. The study focuses on adolescent participants in wilderness therapy programs and how they experienced significant reductions in troubled behavior during treatment. It also showed that participants maintained improved behavior for a year after treatment. Participants in the study, showed significant improvements in anxiety, depression, substance abuse and dependency, and improved in academic achievement.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Texas Families From
Some examples of cities from Texas which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Houston San Antonio Dallas Austin Fort Worth El Paso Arlington Corpus Christi Plano Laredo Lubbock Garland Irving Amarillo Grand Prairie Brownsville McKinney Pasadena Frisco Mesquite McAllen Killeen Waco Carrollton Denton Midland Abilene Beaumont Odessa Round Rock Richardson Wichita Falls College Station Pearland Lewisville Tyler San Angelo League Allen Sugar Land Edinburg Mission Longview Bryan Baytown Pharr Missouri Temple Flower Mound town North Richland Hills New Braunfels Victoria Harlingen Conroe Cedar Park Mansfield Georgetown San Marcos Rowlett Pflugerville Port Arthur Euless DeSoto Grapevine
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Texas
Trails Carolina helps Texas families from cities and towns like Hunters Creek Village Highland Park Bunker Hill Village University Park Rollingwood Hedwig Village West University Place West Lake Hills Olmos Park Lost Creek
- How Wilderness Can Help Teens with Bipolar Disorder Find Balance in Their LivesTeenagers are known for mood swings, but sometimes their high highs and low lows may be more than just hormonal changes. It is hard to recognize bipolar disorder in teens when transient periods of moodiness are normalized. Knowing the difference between bipolar disorder, depression, and teen mood swings is important... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: February 18, 2020 - 9:28 pm
- PTSD Can Lead to Aggression in TeensPeople tend to talk more about the “freeze response” in teens who have experienced trauma than to accept the reality of what “fight or flight” can look like. According to research recently published in JNeurosci., traumatic stress can cause aggression by strengthening two brain pathways involved in emotion. Understanding how... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 15, 2020 - 5:34 pm
- Improving Self Esteem for Teens on the Autism SpectrumLow self-esteem is often an ongoing challenge for teens on the autism spectrum. While they are often self-aware of their own interests and struggles, they struggle to communicate these to others due to fear of judgment or not fitting in. Many teens on the spectrum have a tendency to be... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 8, 2020 - 8:42 pm