Programs For Troubled Teens for Families From Tennessee
Tennessee Programs for Troubled Teens Families Trust: Trails Carolina
Wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens is becoming a widely supported and utilized form of treatment by multiple expert psychologists. Trails Carolina is one of the top reviewed programs for troubled teens from Tennessee. Our wilderness therapy program combines comprehensive therapeutic treatment with nature to help youth struggling with emotional and behavioral issues. Many of our students struggle with challenges like depression, anxiety, self-esteem, defiance, school refusal, and substance experimentation.
Trails Carolina is unique from other programs for troubled teens from Tennessee, because it provides adolescents with the tools they need to process their issues and emotions to find success after transitioning out of the program.
Although Trails Carolina is not located in Tennessee, our wilderness therapy program has helped many teens and families find success from all over the United States. Wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens work best because they remove teens from negative influences or distractions of everyday life. When distance is applied, teens from Tennessee can focus on their healing process and recognize how their behaviors and actions are affecting others.
For more information on how your Tennessee teen can benefit from wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens, please call 800-975-7303.
Families Trust Trails Carolina Programs for Troubled Teens from Tennessee
Trails Carolina is one of the top programs for troubled teens from Tennessee, because it offers a new, distraction free environment. Removing youth from social media, technology, and negative influences in their local area allows them to focus on their own behaviors and needs. Students who attend our program are surrounded by other individuals who understand their struggles. By being in a supportive environment, teens can build stronger relationships and skills needed to achieve lasting success.
Trails Carolina combines unique evidence-based therapeutic approaches with inspiring natural surroundings, a supportive community, and experienced experts. Tennessee teens end up receiving some of the best care. Our wilderness therapy program is a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP), allowing us to offer Tennessee teens and families the highest level of care.
Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for struggling teens, Trails Carolina places a strong emphasis on family systems. Located in Asheville, North Carolina, we have helped various families from across the country rebuild their relationships with their struggling child. With family therapy, family seminars, and family workshops, youth and families reconnect and reestablish the family unit.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Adoption issues
– Family conflict
– Manipulative behavior
– School refusal
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Learning differences
– Poor academic achievement
– Attachment issues
– Low self-esteem
– Social isolation
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
Mentalhealth.gov: Run by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, MentalHealth.gov offers information to help educate and guide youth struggling with mental illness. They offer advice, acknowledge psychological challenges, and discuss general information on mental health conditions. Accessible to local schools, families and caregivers, and the general public, their site also includes a database that individuals can use to find local resources.
Wikipedia: Wikipedia is a well-known resource that contains a wealth of information from various informed, experienced, and educated participants. While it is not always 100 percent reliable, it general has content that is correct and informative. Families can find in-depth description of wilderness therapy including its history and a general description of how it is used in the field of psychology. Wikipedia also discusses these various transitioning opportunities available after a teen attends wilderness therapy.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Tennessee
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Tennessee Families From
Some examples of cities from Tennessee which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Memphis Nashville Knoxville Chattanooga Clarksville Murfreesboro Franklin Jackson Johnson Bartlett Hendersonville Kingsport
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for Teens with AnxietyA common phrase used to signal anxiety is “I have butterflies in my stomach.” This suggests that people are subconsciously aware of how physical sensations can alert us to anxious thoughts without necessarily making the connection. Teens are often better at noticing signs of physical anxiety than being able to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: January 7, 2020 - 6:55 pm
- Improving Self Esteem for Teens on the Autism SpectrumLow self-esteem is often an ongoing challenge for teens on the autism spectrum. While they are often self-aware of their own interests and struggles, they struggle to communicate these to others due to fear of judgment or not fitting in. Many teens on the spectrum have a tendency to be... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 8, 2020 - 8:42 pm
- Outdoor Therapy Serves as Healthy Outlet for Teens with Behavior ProblemsOutdoor therapy programs take a different approach than boot camps for teens with behavior problems by using nature as a guide to making healthier choices and empowering teens to gain insight into how their actions affect others. As many teens with behavior problems struggle with taking advice from authority figures... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: May 21, 2020 - 6:40 pm