Programs For Troubled Teens for Families From Pennsylvania
Programs for Troubled Teens Can Help Heal Pennsylvania Families
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy for Pennsylvania teens, provides a safe and nurturing environment, expert staff, and evidence proven therapeutic approaches. During wilderness therapy, teens learn how interact well with peers and develop responsibility and respect. A combination of adventure activities with traditional therapeutic approaches helps struggling teens from Pennsylvania develop new perspectives. Some of the therapeutic approaches that Trails Carolina uses include individual therapy, group therapy, experiential therapy, and family therapy.
Programs for troubled teens are appropriate for youth struggling with emotional and behavioral issues. Teens from Pennsylvania who attend Trails Carolina often are dealing with mental health issues such as anxiety and depression, substance experimentation, defiance, and school refusal. Teens are placed in an environment where they are free of distractions and can develop positive relationships with peers and staff.
It is not uncommon for teens from Pennsylvania to be resistant initially, but Trails Carolina has helped multiple families from around the United States. Through the inspiring power of nature and the many beneficial aspects of our unique program, students learn the skills they need to achieve lasting change and the success they deserve.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Poor academic achievement
– Low self-esteem
– Family conflict
– Social isolation
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Adoption issues
– School refusal
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Manipulative behavior
– Attachment issues
– Learning differences
Pennsylvania Programs for Troubled Teens Families Trust: Trails Carolina
Wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens is becoming a widely supported and utilized form of treatment by multiple expert psychologists. Trails Carolina is one of the top reviewed programs for troubled teens from Pennsylvania. Our wilderness therapy program combines comprehensive therapeutic treatment with nature to help youth struggling with emotional and behavioral issues. Many of our students struggle with challenges like depression, anxiety, self-esteem, defiance, school refusal, and substance experimentation.
Trails Carolina is unique from other programs for troubled teens from Pennsylvania, because it provides adolescents with the tools they need to process their issues and emotions to find success after transitioning out of the program.
Although Trails Carolina is not located in Pennsylvania, our wilderness therapy program has helped many teens and families find success from all over the United States. Wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens work best because they remove teens from negative influences or distractions of everyday life. When distance is applied, teens from Pennsylvania can focus on their healing process and recognize how their behaviors and actions are affecting others.
For more information on how your Pennsylvania teen can benefit from wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens, please call 800-975-7303.
Wilderness Therapy is Effective: This study conducted by the Center for Research, Assessment, and Treatment Efficacy and the Arkansas Interdisciplinary Sciences Library, provides insight into the practices and effects of wilderness therapy programs. The study focuses on adolescent participants in wilderness therapy programs and how they experienced significant reductions in troubled behavior during treatment. It also showed that participants maintained improved behavior for a year after treatment. Participants in the study, showed significant improvements in anxiety, depression, substance abuse and dependency, and improved in academic achievement.
American Psychological Association (APA) The APA provides various general resources that can benefit people around the country. They are a leading scientific and professional organization that promote communication and application of psychological knowledge to help individuals who are struggling with mental illnesses. Through their site, they have released various publications including books, journals, videos, and reports that provides any individual or parent with information on different psychology and health related areas.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Pennsylvania
Trails Carolina helps Pennsylvania families from cities and towns like Easttown Township Fox Chapel Haverford Edgeworth Upper Makefield Lower Merion Township Willistown Township Solebury Tredyffrin Wrightstown
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Pennsylvania Families From
Some examples of cities from Pennsylvania which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Philadelphia Pittsburgh Allentown Erie Reading Scranton Bethlehem Lancaster
- Helping Teens Struggling With Loneliness and Sedentary BehaviorWhile there’s a difference between loneliness and spending time alone, loneliness is associated with participating in fewer meaningful activities with other people. It’s possible for people to find meaning in solitary activities, like creative expression or work, but most of these activities are available from the comfort of one’s own... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: August 2, 2019 - 8:22 pm
- The Four Downfalls: Negative Effects of Social MediaSocial media has quickly become an all-consuming part of adolescent’s lives. While it can seem like a fun, harmless place to share photos and interact with others, there is a growing concern of its impacts. New studies are highlighting the negative effects of social media associated with mental health, vulnerability,... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 19, 2019 - 6:31 pm
- Parent-Child Conflict: Changing Family Relationships in AdolescenceThe personal challenges children face as they transition into adolescence are difficult enough as they are; however, their changing perception of their social role can lead to strained relationships with family whose support they may reject during this difficult period. As children grow up, they believe they are expected to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: September 11, 2019 - 3:25 pm