Programs For Troubled Teens for Families From Pennsylvania
Programs for Troubled Teens Can Help Heal Pennsylvania Families
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy for Pennsylvania teens, provides a safe and nurturing environment, expert staff, and evidence proven therapeutic approaches. During wilderness therapy, teens learn how interact well with peers and develop responsibility and respect. A combination of adventure activities with traditional therapeutic approaches helps struggling teens from Pennsylvania develop new perspectives. Some of the therapeutic approaches that Trails Carolina uses include individual therapy, group therapy, experiential therapy, and family therapy.
Programs for troubled teens are appropriate for youth struggling with emotional and behavioral issues. Teens from Pennsylvania who attend Trails Carolina often are dealing with mental health issues such as anxiety and depression, substance experimentation, defiance, and school refusal. Teens are placed in an environment where they are free of distractions and can develop positive relationships with peers and staff.
It is not uncommon for teens from Pennsylvania to be resistant initially, but Trails Carolina has helped multiple families from around the United States. Through the inspiring power of nature and the many beneficial aspects of our unique program, students learn the skills they need to achieve lasting change and the success they deserve.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Poor academic achievement
– Low self-esteem
– Family conflict
– Social isolation
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Adoption issues
– School refusal
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Manipulative behavior
– Attachment issues
– Learning differences
Pennsylvania Programs for Troubled Teens Families Trust: Trails Carolina
Wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens is becoming a widely supported and utilized form of treatment by multiple expert psychologists. Trails Carolina is one of the top reviewed programs for troubled teens from Pennsylvania. Our wilderness therapy program combines comprehensive therapeutic treatment with nature to help youth struggling with emotional and behavioral issues. Many of our students struggle with challenges like depression, anxiety, self-esteem, defiance, school refusal, and substance experimentation.
Trails Carolina is unique from other programs for troubled teens from Pennsylvania, because it provides adolescents with the tools they need to process their issues and emotions to find success after transitioning out of the program.
Although Trails Carolina is not located in Pennsylvania, our wilderness therapy program has helped many teens and families find success from all over the United States. Wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens work best because they remove teens from negative influences or distractions of everyday life. When distance is applied, teens from Pennsylvania can focus on their healing process and recognize how their behaviors and actions are affecting others.
For more information on how your Pennsylvania teen can benefit from wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens, please call 800-975-7303.
Wilderness Therapy is Effective: This study conducted by the Center for Research, Assessment, and Treatment Efficacy and the Arkansas Interdisciplinary Sciences Library, provides insight into the practices and effects of wilderness therapy programs. The study focuses on adolescent participants in wilderness therapy programs and how they experienced significant reductions in troubled behavior during treatment. It also showed that participants maintained improved behavior for a year after treatment. Participants in the study, showed significant improvements in anxiety, depression, substance abuse and dependency, and improved in academic achievement.
American Psychological Association (APA) The APA provides various general resources that can benefit people around the country. They are a leading scientific and professional organization that promote communication and application of psychological knowledge to help individuals who are struggling with mental illnesses. Through their site, they have released various publications including books, journals, videos, and reports that provides any individual or parent with information on different psychology and health related areas.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Pennsylvania
Trails Carolina helps Pennsylvania families from cities and towns like Easttown Township Fox Chapel Haverford Edgeworth Upper Makefield Lower Merion Township Willistown Township Solebury Tredyffrin Wrightstown
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Pennsylvania Families From
Some examples of cities from Pennsylvania which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Philadelphia Pittsburgh Allentown Erie Reading Scranton Bethlehem Lancaster
- PTSD Can Lead to Aggression in TeensPeople tend to talk more about the “freeze response” in teens who have experienced trauma than to accept the reality of what “fight or flight” can look like. According to research recently published in JNeurosci., traumatic stress can cause aggression by strengthening two brain pathways involved in emotion. Understanding how... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 15, 2020 - 5:34 pm
- Improving Self Esteem for Teens on the Autism SpectrumLow self-esteem is often an ongoing challenge for teens on the autism spectrum. While they are often self-aware of their own interests and struggles, they struggle to communicate these to others due to fear of judgment or not fitting in. Many teens on the spectrum have a tendency to be... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 8, 2020 - 8:42 pm
- Attachment Style Predicts How Teens Cope with AnxietyAnxiety looks different for everyone that experiences it. While it may be one of the most common and most talked about mental health struggles among teenagers, not everyone responds to anxiety treatment in the same way. Recognizing how attachment styles are influenced by anxiety and vice versa helps loved ones... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: May 7, 2020 - 5:41 pm