Programs For Troubled Teens for Families From Oklahoma
Oklahoma Programs for Troubled Teens Families Trust: Trails Carolina
Wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens is becoming a widely supported and utilized form of treatment by multiple expert psychologists. Trails Carolina is one of the top reviewed programs for troubled teens from Oklahoma. Our wilderness therapy program combines comprehensive therapeutic treatment with nature to help youth struggling with emotional and behavioral issues. Many of our students struggle with challenges like depression, anxiety, self-esteem, defiance, school refusal, and substance experimentation.
Trails Carolina is unique from other programs for troubled teens from Oklahoma, because it provides adolescents with the tools they need to process their issues and emotions to find success after transitioning out of the program.
Although Trails Carolina is not located in Oklahoma, our wilderness therapy program has helped many teens and families find success from all over the United States. Wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens work best because they remove teens from negative influences or distractions of everyday life. When distance is applied, teens from Oklahoma can focus on their healing process and recognize how their behaviors and actions are affecting others.
For more information on how your Oklahoma teen can benefit from wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens, please call 800-975-7303.
Programs for Troubled Teens Can Help Heal Oklahoma Families
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy for Oklahoma teens, provides a safe and nurturing environment, expert staff, and evidence proven therapeutic approaches. During wilderness therapy, teens learn how interact well with peers and develop responsibility and respect. A combination of adventure activities with traditional therapeutic approaches helps struggling teens from Oklahoma develop new perspectives. Some of the therapeutic approaches that Trails Carolina uses include individual therapy, group therapy, experiential therapy, and family therapy.
Programs for troubled teens are appropriate for youth struggling with emotional and behavioral issues. Teens from Oklahoma who attend Trails Carolina often are dealing with mental health issues such as anxiety and depression, substance experimentation, defiance, and school refusal. Teens are placed in an environment where they are free of distractions and can develop positive relationships with peers and staff.
It is not uncommon for teens from Oklahoma to be resistant initially, but Trails Carolina has helped multiple families from around the United States. Through the inspiring power of nature and the many beneficial aspects of our unique program, students learn the skills they need to achieve lasting change and the success they deserve.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Adoption issues
– Low self-esteem
– Manipulative behavior
– Family conflict
– Poor academic achievement
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Learning differences
– Social isolation
– Attachment issues
– Gaming and technology obsession
– School refusal
Mentalhealth.gov: Run by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, MentalHealth.gov offers information to help educate and guide youth struggling with mental illness. They offer advice, acknowledge psychological challenges, and discuss general information on mental health conditions. Accessible to local schools, families and caregivers, and the general public, their site also includes a database that individuals can use to find local resources.
American Psychological Association (APA) The APA provides various general resources that can benefit people around the country. They are a leading scientific and professional organization that promote communication and application of psychological knowledge to help individuals who are struggling with mental illnesses. Through their site, they have released various publications including books, journals, videos, and reports that provides any individual or parent with information on different psychology and health related areas.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Oklahoma
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Oklahoma Families From
Some examples of cities from Oklahoma which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Oklahoma City Tulsa Norman Broken Arrow Lawton Edmond Moore Midwest Enid
- Equine Programming Serves as Alternative Experiential Therapy for Anxious TeensMany young people don’t respond well to traditional forms of therapy. Group therapy can feel overwhelming for teens with social anxiety and talking to a therapist can feel intimidating if they don’t know them very well. Wilderness therapy programs utilize a variety of alternative experiential therapies, like equine programming, to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 17, 2020 - 5:52 pm
- Wilderness Therapy Programs For Middle School StudentsAdolescence is a significant period of emotional development, where the therapeutic needs of middle schoolers are different from the needs of high schoolers. Teachers understand this and apply different techniques in the classrooms, so why shouldn’t wilderness programs? Currently, Trails is the only wilderness therapy programs for middle school students... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: March 11, 2020 - 6:32 pm
- Attachment Style Predicts How Teens Cope with AnxietyAnxiety looks different for everyone that experiences it. While it may be one of the most common and most talked about mental health struggles among teenagers, not everyone responds to anxiety treatment in the same way. Recognizing how attachment styles are influenced by anxiety and vice versa helps loved ones... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: May 7, 2020 - 5:41 pm