Programs For Troubled Teens for Families From New Hampshire
Trails Carolina Programs for Troubled Teens from New Hampshire Creates a Life Changing Experience
Families searching for New Hampshire programs for troubled teens that is best for their child can be a difficult process. Sending your child to a wilderness therapy program that is far from home can seem challenging. At Trails Carolina, we understand how hard the decisions you are making can be. To accommodate each family, we offer various family system approaches including family seminars and workshops. Through Trails Carolinas programs for troubled teens, New Hampshire families reconnect and rebuild their relationships.
Adolescents from New Hampshire regularly participate in therapies including individual and group therapy, adventure therapy, and family therapy. Our wilderness therapy puts a strong emphasis on the healing powers of nature, and we encourage students to engage in physical activities regularly to help develop healthy lifestyle choices. Some of the activities students get to experience at our program include hiking, camping, rock climbing, canoeing, and mountain biking. These experiences not only provide students with exciting and fun opportunities, they also teach them necessary skills to help them achieve success in the real world. Surrounded by the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, teens from New Hampshire gain a unique, personally inspiring experience with nature.
New Hampshire Programs for Troubled Teens
Trails Carolina is one of the leading wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens from New Hampshire. A wilderness environment combined with therapeutic techniques creates a distraction free area for teens who are struggling with everyday life. Many of the families who choose to send their child to a program for troubled teens have adolescents struggling with issues like defiance, anger issues, anxiety and depression, substance experimentation, and school refusal. Located outside of Asheville, North Carolina, Trails Carolina provides New Hampshire teens a healing, peaceful environment surrounded by nature and therapeutic professionals.
Trails Carolina is located outside of New Hampshire, but has helped multiple families from around the country. Unlike local New Hampshire programs for troubled teens, the removal from everyday life allows teens to focus specifically on their own issues helping them to begin the healing process. We at Trails Carolina, understand how difficult this decision can be for families, which is why we work with families to create the best approach for their individual childs needs.
With a combination of wilderness therapy techniques, family-focused approaches, and an experienced staff, New Hampshire teens and their families receive the best therapeutic skills to achieve lasting success.
To learn more about how Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy is one of the best programs for troubled teens from New Hampshire, please call 800-975-7303.
Wilderness Therapy is Effective: This study conducted by the Center for Research, Assessment, and Treatment Efficacy and the Arkansas Interdisciplinary Sciences Library, provides insight into the practices and effects of wilderness therapy programs. The study focuses on adolescent participants in wilderness therapy programs and how they experienced significant reductions in troubled behavior during treatment. It also showed that participants maintained improved behavior for a year after treatment. Participants in the study, showed significant improvements in anxiety, depression, substance abuse and dependency, and improved in academic achievement.
Outdoor Behavioral Healthcare Council: The OBH Council is a group of representatives from top wilderness therapy programs around the country. These representatives are required to follow the strict regulations and expectations of best practices and guidelines. As a OBH Council member, Trails Carolina provides youth and families with the best, evidence-based practices and care available.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Poor academic achievement
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Learning differences
– School refusal
– Family conflict
– Adoption issues
– Manipulative behavior
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Social isolation
– Attachment issues
– Low self-esteem
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps New Hampshire Families From
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From New Hampshire
Trails Carolina helps New Hampshire families from cities and towns like New Castle Rye Town of Hanover North Hampton Hollis Newfields Holderness Bedford Windham Greenland
- Wilderness Therapy Programs For Middle School StudentsAdolescence is a significant period of emotional development, where the therapeutic needs of middle schoolers are different from the needs of high schoolers. Teachers understand this and apply different techniques in the classrooms, so why shouldn’t wilderness programs? Currently, Trails is the only wilderness therapy programs for middle school students... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: March 11, 2020 - 6:32 pm
- The Purpose of Bow Drilling in Wilderness TherapyThere is evidence that humans have been using fire as a survival tool for as long as a million years, but it took several hundred thousand years for us to perfect the skill of building and controlling fires. Over time, we have learned to skip steps along the way and... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: August 4, 2020 - 7:23 pm
- Equine Programming Serves as Alternative Experiential Therapy for Anxious TeensMany young people don’t respond well to traditional forms of therapy. Group therapy can feel overwhelming for teens with social anxiety and talking to a therapist can feel intimidating if they don’t know them very well. Wilderness therapy programs utilize a variety of alternative experiential therapies, like equine programming, to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 17, 2020 - 5:52 pm