Programs For Troubled Teens for Families From Nevada
Nevada Programs for Troubled Teens
Trails Carolina is one of the leading wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens from Nevada. A wilderness environment combined with therapeutic techniques creates a distraction free area for teens who are struggling with everyday life. Many of the families who choose to send their child to a program for troubled teens have adolescents struggling with issues like defiance, anger issues, anxiety and depression, substance experimentation, and school refusal. Located outside of Asheville, North Carolina, Trails Carolina provides Nevada teens a healing, peaceful environment surrounded by nature and therapeutic professionals.
Trails Carolina is located outside of Nevada, but has helped multiple families from around the country. Unlike local Nevada programs for troubled teens, the removal from everyday life allows teens to focus specifically on their own issues helping them to begin the healing process. We at Trails Carolina, understand how difficult this decision can be for families, which is why we work with families to create the best approach for their individual childs needs.
With a combination of wilderness therapy techniques, family-focused approaches, and an experienced staff, Nevada teens and their families receive the best therapeutic skills to achieve lasting success.
To learn more about how Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy is one of the best programs for troubled teens from Nevada, please call 800-975-7303.
Trails Carolina Programs for Troubled Teens from Nevada Creates a Life Changing Experience
Families searching for Nevada programs for troubled teens that is best for their child can be a difficult process. Sending your child to a wilderness therapy program that is far from home can seem challenging. At Trails Carolina, we understand how hard the decisions you are making can be. To accommodate each family, we offer various family system approaches including family seminars and workshops. Through Trails Carolinas programs for troubled teens, Nevada families reconnect and rebuild their relationships.
Adolescents from Nevada regularly participate in therapies including individual and group therapy, adventure therapy, and family therapy. Our wilderness therapy puts a strong emphasis on the healing powers of nature, and we encourage students to engage in physical activities regularly to help develop healthy lifestyle choices. Some of the activities students get to experience at our program include hiking, camping, rock climbing, canoeing, and mountain biking. These experiences not only provide students with exciting and fun opportunities, they also teach them necessary skills to help them achieve success in the real world. Surrounded by the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, teens from Nevada gain a unique, personally inspiring experience with nature.
Outdoor Behavioral Healthcare Council: The OBH Council is a group of representatives from top wilderness therapy programs around the country. These representatives are required to follow the strict regulations and expectations of best practices and guidelines. As a OBH Council member, Trails Carolina provides youth and families with the best, evidence-based practices and care available.
Wikipedia: Wikipedia is a well-known resource that contains a wealth of information from various informed, experienced, and educated participants. While it is not always 100 percent reliable, it general has content that is correct and informative. Families can find in-depth description of wilderness therapy including its history and a general description of how it is used in the field of psychology. Wikipedia also discusses these various transitioning opportunities available after a teen attends wilderness therapy.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Learning differences
– Adoption issues
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Poor academic achievement
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– School refusal
– Family conflict
– Manipulative behavior
– Low self-esteem
– Social isolation
– Attachment issues
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Nevada
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Nevada Families From
Some examples of cities from Nevada which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Las Vegas Henderson Reno North Las Vegas Sparks Carson
- Long-Term Effects of School Refusal Beyond Educational OutcomesWe need to rethink how we conceptualize school refusal, particularly in younger children. We tend to think that it does not make a difference for an elementary school child to be pulled from class for an extra day of vacation or a doctor’s appointment followed by an afternoon of personal... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 7, 2020 - 9:00 pm
- PTSD Can Lead to Aggression in TeensPeople tend to talk more about the “freeze response” in teens who have experienced trauma than to accept the reality of what “fight or flight” can look like. According to research recently published in JNeurosci., traumatic stress can cause aggression by strengthening two brain pathways involved in emotion. Understanding how... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 15, 2020 - 5:34 pm
- How Wilderness Can Help Teens with Bipolar Disorder Find Balance in Their LivesTeenagers are known for mood swings, but sometimes their high highs and low lows may be more than just hormonal changes. It is hard to recognize bipolar disorder in teens when transient periods of moodiness are normalized. Knowing the difference between bipolar disorder, depression, and teen mood swings is important... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: February 18, 2020 - 9:28 pm