Programs For Troubled Teens for Families From Maine
Maine Programs for Troubled Teens
Trails Carolina is one of the leading wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens from Maine. A wilderness environment combined with therapeutic techniques creates a distraction free area for teens who are struggling with everyday life. Many of the families who choose to send their child to a program for troubled teens have adolescents struggling with issues like defiance, anger issues, anxiety and depression, substance experimentation, and school refusal. Located outside of Asheville, North Carolina, Trails Carolina provides Maine teens a healing, peaceful environment surrounded by nature and therapeutic professionals.
Trails Carolina is located outside of Maine, but has helped multiple families from around the country. Unlike local Maine programs for troubled teens, the removal from everyday life allows teens to focus specifically on their own issues helping them to begin the healing process. We at Trails Carolina, understand how difficult this decision can be for families, which is why we work with families to create the best approach for their individual childs needs.
With a combination of wilderness therapy techniques, family-focused approaches, and an experienced staff, Maine teens and their families receive the best therapeutic skills to achieve lasting success.
To learn more about how Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy is one of the best programs for troubled teens from Maine, please call 800-975-7303.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Attachment issues
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Adoption issues
– Learning differences
– Low self-esteem
– Poor academic achievement
– Manipulative behavior
– Family conflict
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Social isolation
– School refusal
Families Trust Trails Carolina Programs for Troubled Teens from Maine
Trails Carolina is one of the top programs for troubled teens from Maine, because it offers a new, distraction free environment. Removing youth from social media, technology, and negative influences in their local area allows them to focus on their own behaviors and needs. Students who attend our program are surrounded by other individuals who understand their struggles. By being in a supportive environment, teens can build stronger relationships and skills needed to achieve lasting success.
Trails Carolina combines unique evidence-based therapeutic approaches with inspiring natural surroundings, a supportive community, and experienced experts. Maine teens end up receiving some of the best care. Our wilderness therapy program is a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP), allowing us to offer Maine teens and families the highest level of care.
Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for struggling teens, Trails Carolina places a strong emphasis on family systems. Located in Asheville, North Carolina, we have helped various families from across the country rebuild their relationships with their struggling child. With family therapy, family seminars, and family workshops, youth and families reconnect and reestablish the family unit.
Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) ADAAs site includes resources and information on depression and a variety of anxiety disorders, including GAD, PTSD, OCD, panic disorder, specific phobias, bipolar disorder, and other related conditions. Through these resources, the ADAA works to eliminate the stigmas on mental health and educate people on the common misconceptions influencing peoples perception of mental health.
American Psychological Association (APA) The APA provides various general resources that can benefit people around the country. They are a leading scientific and professional organization that promote communication and application of psychological knowledge to help individuals who are struggling with mental illnesses. Through their site, they have released various publications including books, journals, videos, and reports that provides any individual or parent with information on different psychology and health related areas.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Maine Families From
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Maine
Trails Carolina helps Maine families from cities and towns like Islesboro Phippsburg West Bath Bowdoinham Town of Richmond Bath
- New Study Reveals Effect of Healthy Lifestyle Risk Factors for Depression and Anxiety in TeensDepression and anxiety are the most common mental health issues and are often co-occurring. While they are both neurological conditions that are influenced by family history, a new study looking at behavioral risk factors of depression and anxiety in teens found that obesity, limited physical activity, and an unhealthy diet... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: May 8, 2019 - 4:22 pm
- What to Do When Your Child Has Been Suspended from SchoolFinding out that your child has been suspended from school can be difficult for any parent to hear, especially if it’s not their first time. Every school has a different system when it comes to what kind of behavior warrants suspension and what suspension will look like. Some schools may... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 7, 2019 - 7:02 am
- The Four Downfalls: Negative Effects of Social MediaSocial media has quickly become an all-consuming part of adolescent’s lives. While it can seem like a fun, harmless place to share photos and interact with others, there is a growing concern of its impacts. New studies are highlighting the negative effects of social media associated with mental health, vulnerability,... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 19, 2019 - 6:31 pm