Programs For Troubled Teens for Families From Georgia
Trails Carolina Can Help: Programs for Troubled Teens from Georgia
Many wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens offer traditional therapeutic approaches combined with adventure therapy. What sets Trails Carolina aside from other programs for troubled teens from Georgia is its out of state location, which offers Georgia teens a new environment and opportunity to gain the success and life they deserve.
Located in North Carolina, next to the Blue Ridge Mountains, Trails Carolina offers Georgia families and their struggling youth useful life skills that can be used when transitioning back home and in traditional youth environments. Our wilderness therapy program has worked with families from all around the country to help them achieve lasting change. Through our family-focused approach, families begin rebuilding their relationships through family therapy sessions, family seminars, and family workshops.
Many of the students who attend programs for troubled teens often struggle with substance experimentation, technology addiction, defiance, lack of achievement, and depression or anxiety. Trails Carolina takes pride in using the best known therapeutic practices including individual therapy, family therapy, equine relational programming, and group therapy.
Families Trust Trails Carolina Programs for Troubled Teens from Georgia
Trails Carolina is one of the top programs for troubled teens from Georgia, because it offers a new, distraction free environment. Removing youth from social media, technology, and negative influences in their local area allows them to focus on their own behaviors and needs. Students who attend our program are surrounded by other individuals who understand their struggles. By being in a supportive environment, teens can build stronger relationships and skills needed to achieve lasting success.
Trails Carolina combines unique evidence-based therapeutic approaches with inspiring natural surroundings, a supportive community, and experienced experts. Georgia teens end up receiving some of the best care. Our wilderness therapy program is a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP), allowing us to offer Georgia teens and families the highest level of care.
Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for struggling teens, Trails Carolina places a strong emphasis on family systems. Located in Asheville, North Carolina, we have helped various families from across the country rebuild their relationships with their struggling child. With family therapy, family seminars, and family workshops, youth and families reconnect and reestablish the family unit.
Outdoor Behavioral Healthcare Council: The OBH Council is a group of representatives from top wilderness therapy programs around the country. These representatives are required to follow the strict regulations and expectations of best practices and guidelines. As a OBH Council member, Trails Carolina provides youth and families with the best, evidence-based practices and care available.
Psychology Today Psychology Today provides various articles on multiple topics related to mental health. As a well-known website, they offer various articles on news topics, research, and social media produced by experienced and educated mental health professionals. Their site includes a directory of therapeutic specialists and therapists around the United States who offer help in different mental health fields. Anyone can access their directory to find local or national resources.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Gaming and technology obsession
– School refusal
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Manipulative behavior
– Low self-esteem
– Poor academic achievement
– Learning differences
– Social isolation
– Family conflict
– Adoption issues
– Attachment issues
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Georgia
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Georgia Families From
Some examples of cities from Georgia which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Atlanta Columbus Augusta Macon Savannah Athens Sandy Springs Roswell Johns Creek Albany Warner Robins Alpharetta Marietta Valdosta Smyrna Brookhaven
- Equine Programming Serves as Alternative Experiential Therapy for Anxious TeensMany young people don’t respond well to traditional forms of therapy. Group therapy can feel overwhelming for teens with social anxiety and talking to a therapist can feel intimidating if they don’t know them very well. Wilderness therapy programs utilize a variety of alternative experiential therapies, like equine programming, to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 17, 2020 - 5:52 pm
- Long-Term Effects of School Refusal Beyond Educational OutcomesWe need to rethink how we conceptualize school refusal, particularly in younger children. We tend to think that it does not make a difference for an elementary school child to be pulled from class for an extra day of vacation or a doctor’s appointment followed by an afternoon of personal... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 7, 2020 - 9:00 pm
- Attachment Style Predicts How Teens Cope with AnxietyAnxiety looks different for everyone that experiences it. While it may be one of the most common and most talked about mental health struggles among teenagers, not everyone responds to anxiety treatment in the same way. Recognizing how attachment styles are influenced by anxiety and vice versa helps loved ones... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: May 7, 2020 - 5:41 pm