Programs For Troubled Teens for Families From DC
Trails Carolina Can Help: Programs for Troubled Teens from DC
Many wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens offer traditional therapeutic approaches combined with adventure therapy. What sets Trails Carolina aside from other programs for troubled teens from DC is its out of state location, which offers DC teens a new environment and opportunity to gain the success and life they deserve.
Located in North Carolina, next to the Blue Ridge Mountains, Trails Carolina offers DC families and their struggling youth useful life skills that can be used when transitioning back home and in traditional youth environments. Our wilderness therapy program has worked with families from all around the country to help them achieve lasting change. Through our family-focused approach, families begin rebuilding their relationships through family therapy sessions, family seminars, and family workshops.
Many of the students who attend programs for troubled teens often struggle with substance experimentation, technology addiction, defiance, lack of achievement, and depression or anxiety. Trails Carolina takes pride in using the best known therapeutic practices including individual therapy, family therapy, equine therapy, and group therapy.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Poor academic achievement
– Low self-esteem
– Family conflict
– Learning differences
– School refusal
– Social isolation
– Adoption issues
– Attachment issues
– Manipulative behavior
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
Families Trust Trails Carolina Programs for Troubled Teens from DC
Trails Carolina is one of the top programs for troubled teens from DC, because it offers a new, distraction free environment. Removing youth from social media, technology, and negative influences in their local area allows them to focus on their own behaviors and needs. Students who attend our program are surrounded by other individuals who understand their struggles. By being in a supportive environment, teens can build stronger relationships and skills needed to achieve lasting success.
Trails Carolina combines unique evidence-based therapeutic approaches with inspiring natural surroundings, a supportive community, and experienced experts. DC teens end up receiving some of the best care. Our wilderness therapy program is a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP), allowing us to offer DC teens and families the highest level of care.
Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for struggling teens, Trails Carolina places a strong emphasis on family systems. Located in Asheville, North Carolina, we have helped various families from across the country rebuild their relationships with their struggling child. With family therapy, family seminars, and family workshops, youth and families reconnect and reestablish the family unit.
Wikipedia: Wikipedia is a well-known resource that contains a wealth of information from various informed, experienced, and educated participants. While it is not always 100 percent reliable, it general has content that is correct and informative. Families can find in-depth description of wilderness therapy including its history and a general description of how it is used in the field of psychology. Wikipedia also discusses these various transitioning opportunities available after a teen attends wilderness therapy.
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Through research, informative articles, and visual publications, NAMI provides individuals and their loved ones with various resources on mental health conditions. They provide national and local resources to help anyone in need. Their goal is to reduce the stigma of mental health and help raise awareness of the multiple mental health issues youth and adults face today.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps DC Families From
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From DC
Trails Carolina helps DC families from cities and towns like Washington
- Helping Teens Struggling With Loneliness and Sedentary BehaviorWhile there’s a difference between loneliness and spending time alone, loneliness is associated with participating in fewer meaningful activities with other people. It’s possible for people to find meaning in solitary activities, like creative expression or work, but most of these activities are available from the comfort of one’s own... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: August 2, 2019 - 8:22 pm
- Parent-Child Conflict: Changing Family Relationships in AdolescenceThe personal challenges children face as they transition into adolescence are difficult enough as they are; however, their changing perception of their social role can lead to strained relationships with family whose support they may reject during this difficult period. As children grow up, they believe they are expected to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: September 11, 2019 - 3:25 pm
- New Study Reveals Effect of Healthy Lifestyle Risk Factors for Depression and Anxiety in TeensDepression and anxiety are the most common mental health issues and are often co-occurring. While they are both neurological conditions that are influenced by family history, a new study looking at behavioral risk factors of depression and anxiety in teens found that obesity, limited physical activity, and an unhealthy diet... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: May 8, 2019 - 4:22 pm