Programs For Troubled Teens for Families From Connecticut
Trails Carolina Can Help: Programs for Troubled Teens from Connecticut
Many wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens offer traditional therapeutic approaches combined with adventure therapy. What sets Trails Carolina aside from other programs for troubled teens from Connecticut is its out of state location, which offers Connecticut teens a new environment and opportunity to gain the success and life they deserve.
Located in North Carolina, next to the Blue Ridge Mountains, Trails Carolina offers Connecticut families and their struggling youth useful life skills that can be used when transitioning back home and in traditional youth environments. Our wilderness therapy program has worked with families from all around the country to help them achieve lasting change. Through our family-focused approach, families begin rebuilding their relationships through family therapy sessions, family seminars, and family workshops.
Many of the students who attend programs for troubled teens often struggle with substance experimentation, technology addiction, defiance, lack of achievement, and depression or anxiety. Trails Carolina takes pride in using the best known therapeutic practices including individual therapy, family therapy, equine therapy, and group therapy.
Families Trust Trails Carolina Programs for Troubled Teens from Connecticut
Trails Carolina is one of the top programs for troubled teens from Connecticut, because it offers a new, distraction free environment. Removing youth from social media, technology, and negative influences in their local area allows them to focus on their own behaviors and needs. Students who attend our program are surrounded by other individuals who understand their struggles. By being in a supportive environment, teens can build stronger relationships and skills needed to achieve lasting success.
Trails Carolina combines unique evidence-based therapeutic approaches with inspiring natural surroundings, a supportive community, and experienced experts. Connecticut teens end up receiving some of the best care. Our wilderness therapy program is a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP), allowing us to offer Connecticut teens and families the highest level of care.
Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for struggling teens, Trails Carolina places a strong emphasis on family systems. Located in Asheville, North Carolina, we have helped various families from across the country rebuild their relationships with their struggling child. With family therapy, family seminars, and family workshops, youth and families reconnect and reestablish the family unit.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Family conflict
– Manipulative behavior
– Adoption issues
– Low self-esteem
– School refusal
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Learning differences
– Poor academic achievement
– Attachment issues
– Social isolation
– Gaming and technology obsession
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Through research, informative articles, and visual publications, NAMI provides individuals and their loved ones with various resources on mental health conditions. They provide national and local resources to help anyone in need. Their goal is to reduce the stigma of mental health and help raise awareness of the multiple mental health issues youth and adults face today.
Mentalhealth.gov: Run by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, MentalHealth.gov offers information to help educate and guide youth struggling with mental illness. They offer advice, acknowledge psychological challenges, and discuss general information on mental health conditions. Accessible to local schools, families and caregivers, and the general public, their site also includes a database that individuals can use to find local resources.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Connecticut
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Connecticut Families From
Some examples of cities from Connecticut which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Bridgeport New Haven Stamford Hartford Waterbury Norwalk Danbury New Britain Bristol Meriden West Haven Milford
- What to Do When Your Child Has Been Suspended from SchoolFinding out that your child has been suspended from school can be difficult for any parent to hear, especially if it’s not their first time. Every school has a different system when it comes to what kind of behavior warrants suspension and what suspension will look like. Some schools may... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 7, 2019 - 7:02 am
- Recognizing Anxiety in Teens with AutismRecognizing anxiety in teens with autism is important in getting them the help they need. First, you should educate yourself on the information research has found on the link between anxiety and autism. Here are some ways in which anxiety arises in teens with autism: Specific phobia: a specific phobia, namely... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: May 29, 2019 - 3:30 pm
- New Study Reveals Effect of Healthy Lifestyle Risk Factors for Depression and Anxiety in TeensDepression and anxiety are the most common mental health issues and are often co-occurring. While they are both neurological conditions that are influenced by family history, a new study looking at behavioral risk factors of depression and anxiety in teens found that obesity, limited physical activity, and an unhealthy diet... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: May 8, 2019 - 4:22 pm