Programs For Troubled Teens for Families From Connecticut
Trails Carolina Can Help: Programs for Troubled Teens from Connecticut
Many wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens offer traditional therapeutic approaches combined with adventure therapy. What sets Trails Carolina aside from other programs for troubled teens from Connecticut is its out of state location, which offers Connecticut teens a new environment and opportunity to gain the success and life they deserve.
Located in North Carolina, next to the Blue Ridge Mountains, Trails Carolina offers Connecticut families and their struggling youth useful life skills that can be used when transitioning back home and in traditional youth environments. Our wilderness therapy program has worked with families from all around the country to help them achieve lasting change. Through our family-focused approach, families begin rebuilding their relationships through family therapy sessions, family seminars, and family workshops.
Many of the students who attend programs for troubled teens often struggle with substance experimentation, technology addiction, defiance, lack of achievement, and depression or anxiety. Trails Carolina takes pride in using the best known therapeutic practices including individual therapy, family therapy, equine relational programming, and group therapy.
Families Trust Trails Carolina Programs for Troubled Teens from Connecticut
Trails Carolina is one of the top programs for troubled teens from Connecticut, because it offers a new, distraction free environment. Removing youth from social media, technology, and negative influences in their local area allows them to focus on their own behaviors and needs. Students who attend our program are surrounded by other individuals who understand their struggles. By being in a supportive environment, teens can build stronger relationships and skills needed to achieve lasting success.
Trails Carolina combines unique evidence-based therapeutic approaches with inspiring natural surroundings, a supportive community, and experienced experts. Connecticut teens end up receiving some of the best care. Our wilderness therapy program is a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP), allowing us to offer Connecticut teens and families the highest level of care.
Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for struggling teens, Trails Carolina places a strong emphasis on family systems. Located in Asheville, North Carolina, we have helped various families from across the country rebuild their relationships with their struggling child. With family therapy, family seminars, and family workshops, youth and families reconnect and reestablish the family unit.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Family conflict
– Manipulative behavior
– Adoption issues
– Low self-esteem
– School refusal
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Learning differences
– Poor academic achievement
– Attachment issues
– Social isolation
– Gaming and technology obsession
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Through research, informative articles, and visual publications, NAMI provides individuals and their loved ones with various resources on mental health conditions. They provide national and local resources to help anyone in need. Their goal is to reduce the stigma of mental health and help raise awareness of the multiple mental health issues youth and adults face today.
Mentalhealth.gov: Run by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, MentalHealth.gov offers information to help educate and guide youth struggling with mental illness. They offer advice, acknowledge psychological challenges, and discuss general information on mental health conditions. Accessible to local schools, families and caregivers, and the general public, their site also includes a database that individuals can use to find local resources.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Connecticut
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Connecticut Families From
Some examples of cities from Connecticut which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Bridgeport New Haven Stamford Hartford Waterbury Norwalk Danbury New Britain Bristol Meriden West Haven Milford
- The Purpose of Bow Drilling in Wilderness TherapyThere is evidence that humans have been using fire as a survival tool for as long as a million years, but it took several hundred thousand years for us to perfect the skill of building and controlling fires. Over time, we have learned to skip steps along the way and... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: August 4, 2020 - 7:23 pm
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for Teens with AnxietyA common phrase used to signal anxiety is “I have butterflies in my stomach.” This suggests that people are subconsciously aware of how physical sensations can alert us to anxious thoughts without necessarily making the connection. Teens are often better at noticing signs of physical anxiety than being able to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: January 7, 2020 - 6:55 pm
- Long-Term Effects of School Refusal Beyond Educational OutcomesWe need to rethink how we conceptualize school refusal, particularly in younger children. We tend to think that it does not make a difference for an elementary school child to be pulled from class for an extra day of vacation or a doctor’s appointment followed by an afternoon of personal... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 7, 2020 - 9:00 pm