Programs For Troubled Teens for Families From Alaska
Alaska Programs for Troubled Teens
Trails Carolina is one of the leading wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens from Alaska. A wilderness environment combined with therapeutic techniques creates a distraction free area for teens who are struggling with everyday life. Many of the families who choose to send their child to a program for troubled teens have adolescents struggling with issues like defiance, anger issues, anxiety and depression, substance experimentation, and school refusal. Located outside of Asheville, North Carolina, Trails Carolina provides Alaska teens a healing, peaceful environment surrounded by nature and therapeutic professionals.
Trails Carolina is located outside of Alaska, but has helped multiple families from around the country. Unlike local Alaska programs for troubled teens, the removal from everyday life allows teens to focus specifically on their own issues helping them to begin the healing process. We at Trails Carolina, understand how difficult this decision can be for families, which is why we work with families to create the best approach for their individual childs needs.
With a combination of wilderness therapy techniques, family-focused approaches, and an experienced staff, Alaska teens and their families receive the best therapeutic skills to achieve lasting success.
To learn more about how Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy is one of the best programs for troubled teens from Alaska, please call 800-975-7303.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Poor academic achievement
– Low self-esteem
– Learning differences
– School refusal
– Adoption issues
– Social isolation
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Attachment issues
– Family conflict
– Manipulative behavior
Programs for Troubled Teens Can Help Heal Alaska Families
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy for Alaska teens, provides a safe and nurturing environment, expert staff, and evidence proven therapeutic approaches. During wilderness therapy, teens learn how interact well with peers and develop responsibility and respect. A combination of adventure activities with traditional therapeutic approaches helps struggling teens from Alaska develop new perspectives. Some of the therapeutic approaches that Trails Carolina uses include individual therapy, group therapy, experiential therapy, and family therapy.
Programs for troubled teens are appropriate for youth struggling with emotional and behavioral issues. Teens from Alaska who attend Trails Carolina often are dealing with mental health issues such as anxiety and depression, substance experimentation, defiance, and school refusal. Teens are placed in an environment where they are free of distractions and can develop positive relationships with peers and staff.
It is not uncommon for teens from Alaska to be resistant initially, but Trails Carolina has helped multiple families from around the United States. Through the inspiring power of nature and the many beneficial aspects of our unique program, students learn the skills they need to achieve lasting change and the success they deserve.
Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) ADAAs site includes resources and information on depression and a variety of anxiety disorders, including GAD, PTSD, OCD, panic disorder, specific phobias, bipolar disorder, and other related conditions. Through these resources, the ADAA works to eliminate the stigmas on mental health and educate people on the common misconceptions influencing peoples perception of mental health.
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Through research, informative articles, and visual publications, NAMI provides individuals and their loved ones with various resources on mental health conditions. They provide national and local resources to help anyone in need. Their goal is to reduce the stigma of mental health and help raise awareness of the multiple mental health issues youth and adults face today.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Alaska Families From
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Alaska
Trails Carolina helps Alaska families from cities and towns like Juneau Kodiak Anchorage Lakes Knik-Fairview Palmer Tanaina Wasilla Ketchickan Meadow Lakes
- Improving Self Esteem for Teens on the Autism SpectrumLow self-esteem is often an ongoing challenge for teens on the autism spectrum. While they are often self-aware of their own interests and struggles, they struggle to communicate these to others due to fear of judgment or not fitting in. Many teens on the spectrum have a tendency to be... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 8, 2020 - 8:42 pm
- PTSD Can Lead to Aggression in TeensPeople tend to talk more about the “freeze response” in teens who have experienced trauma than to accept the reality of what “fight or flight” can look like. According to research recently published in JNeurosci., traumatic stress can cause aggression by strengthening two brain pathways involved in emotion. Understanding how... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 15, 2020 - 5:34 pm
- Long-Term Effects of School Refusal Beyond Educational OutcomesWe need to rethink how we conceptualize school refusal, particularly in younger children. We tend to think that it does not make a difference for an elementary school child to be pulled from class for an extra day of vacation or a doctor’s appointment followed by an afternoon of personal... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 7, 2020 - 9:00 pm