Adventure Therapy for Young Adults From Wyoming
Trails Momentum adventure therapy helps young adults from Wyoming heal
When young adults from Wyoming first come to Trails Momentum, they may initially be adverse to the idea. Some level of apprehension is completely normal for young adults in need of therapeutic help. Trails Momentum combines evidence-based therapeutic treatment techniques with the support of caring, nurturing experts to give struggling young adults from Wyoming the best care possible. Trails Momentum offers the highest level of therapeutic care for Wyoming young adults and their families.
At Trails Momentum adventure therapy, young adults are placed in an environment where they are able to interact with their peers and mentors creating a strong, emotionally safe community. Within this community, given distance from the various ways young adults escape from the world around them (i.e. social media, video games, and television), young adults are able to focus on creating new coping skills and becoming more self aware.
Trails Momentum offers a unique approach to adventure-based wilderness therapy with the following:
- Family-focused therapy: At Trails Momentum, families from Wyoming and all over the U.S. are provided a life-altering experience. The unparalleled attention paid to reconnecting families with their young adults is a truly special aspect of Trails Momentum wilderness therapy.
- Transitional skills: After young adults leave Trails Momentum, they can transition back home to Wyoming smoothly because of the useful life skills learned during their time at Momentum.
- Educational programming: Trails Momentum recognizes that for many young adults, educational milestones and goals are intertwined with ones identity, self-esteem and ability to transition into adult independence. For that very reason, Trails Momentum and its team of highly experienced educators have deliberately designed educational programming to meet the needs of its students.
Who does Trails Momentum help?
Trails Momentum helps young adults who struggle with challenges such as the issues below:
– Poor family relationships
– Technology addicted
– Poor self esteem
– Disengaged from family and friends
– Lack accountability
– Fear of failure
– Low self confidence
– Failing to launch
– Lacking trust in yourself or others
– Low motivation
– Drug and alcohol experimentation
– Lack educational foundation
– Social media addicted
– Without goals
Adventure-Based Wilderness Therapy for Wyoming Young Adults
Trails Momentum Adventure Based Wilderness Therapy provides young adults from Wyoming with the therapeutic help they need to work through emotional and behavioral struggles. Adventure-based wilderness therapy for young adults from Wyoming allows for personal and emotional growth. Trails Momentum is not located in Wyoming, however, it may be helpful for your teen to have some physical distance from home. By removing Wyoming young adults from their usual surroundings, adventure based therapy allows for Wyoming young adults to look inward and gain personal skills such as teamwork, responsibility, and accountability.
Many adventure-based wilderness therapy programs for young adults from Wyoming offer programming that combines outdoor and adventure therapy with traditional therapeutic practices like individual and group therapy. If parents are considering other therapeutic options like residential treatment centers, there is a wide range of evidence that supports adventure-based wilderness therapy as a great alternative to basic residential treatment.
Adventure-based wilderness therapy programming has given many Wyoming families the opportunity to repair their damaged relationship with their child. Trails Momentum offers family-focused programming that includes weekly family therapy sessions, as well as family workshops.
Young adults from Wyoming struggling with behavioral and emotional issues such as depression, anxiety, academic underachievement, substance experimentation, technology addiction and general failure to launch tendencies. Find growth and the therapeutic help they need at Trails Momentum.
Trails Momentum adventure-based wilderness therapy helps young adults from Wyoming discover and succeed. To speak with an expert about our program, please call (877) 296-8711 today!
Journal of Adolescent and Family Health: This journal contains a variety of studies related to wilderness therapy and other inpatient therapeutic programs. One study found that wilderness therapy greatly reduces an adolescents chances to return to destructive behaviors in their life. This is great news for any parent hoping to help their child find success.
Wilderness Therapy is Effective: This study conducted by the Center for Research, Assessment, and Treatment Efficacy and the Arkansas Interdisciplinary Sciences Library, offers insight into the overall effects of wilderness therapy programs like Trails Momentum. In this study, adolescent participants in wilderness therapy programs experienced significant reductions in troubled behavior during treatment and maintained improved behavior for a year after treatment. Participants in the study, more specifically, demonstrated improvements in anxiety, depression, substance abuse and dependency. They also improved in school significantly.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Wyoming
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Wyoming Families From
Some examples of cities from Wyoming which may have families who could use Trails Momentum: Cheyenne Casper Evansville Bar Nunn Burns
- The “Out of Control” that they won’t OutgrowSometimes it’s not “just a phase”. Often times, parents dismiss their teen’s behavior as part of a “phase”, but unfortunately it may be more than that. No one wants to think their child may be struggling with a deeper rooted issue that cannot be outgrown. But sometimes this may be... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 6, 2018 - 2:24 pm
- Avoid a Bummer Summer: Summer Options For A Struggling TeenSummertime is here! This means the teens are out of school. Unfortunately, with less supervision, summertime invites some to see what kinds of shenanigans they can get in to. If you have an at-risk or troubled teen living in your home, don’t worry. Come up with a plan and explore... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 22, 2018 - 8:42 pm
- Putting A Stop to Self-HarmSelf-harm is a way in which some children and teens cope with emotional distress. Research shows that about 15 percent of adolescents engage in self-harm. There are various methods that can be considered self-harm, as the term itself refers to self-inflicting physical pain. Some forms of self-harm include cutting, burning,... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 26, 2018 - 5:56 pm
- Trails Carolina Primary Therapist Discusses Helping Teens with Attachment IssuesDifficulties with attachment are a common issue amongst individuals who have been adopted or who struggled with abuse or neglect in their early childhood. Teens with attachment issues often struggle with establishing boundaries and may not understand how to build meaningful relationships with others. At Trails Carolina, we work closely... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: September 13, 2018 - 7:42 pm
- Talking Boys and Body Image: Helping Boys Struggling With Body ImageThe body image issue is often booming among girls. Dr. Roberts addresses the complex stigma that exists among the male population, “…there seems to be a stigma around males being too concerned with body image, and yet, there is societal pressure on males to meet certain physical ideals, like being... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 29, 2018 - 1:48 pm
- Primary Therapist Discusses Trauma Treatments For TeensFor as long as I can remember, I have always felt a gravitational pull towards Africa, and I believe the universe puts you where you need to be if you are still enough to listen. Several years ago, I was invited to be a part of a small research project... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 13, 2018 - 4:18 pm
- Dealing with Defiance: Six Tips for Decreasing Defiant BehaviorMost parents know what is like to live with a defiant teenager. Teens often feel inclined to push buttons and test the limits enforced upon them. This can be extremely frustrating for parents and create a constant power struggle within the home. The teenage years are when one is trying... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 20, 2018 - 6:48 pm
- Not just a nightmare: Help for a defiant teenager using drugsSubstance abuse is every parent’s worst nightmare, whether it’s alcohol or drugs like marijuana. Dealing with teenagers is hard on its own, but when you have a defiant teenager using drugs, things get a lot more complicated. And although you might think your teenager is just “experimenting“ with drugs, keep... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: October 23, 2018 - 1:39 pm