Adventure-Based Wilderness Therapy for West Virginia Young Adults
Trails Momentum Adventure Based Wilderness Therapy provides young adults from West Virginia with the therapeutic help they need to work through emotional and behavioral struggles. Adventure-based wilderness therapy for young adults from West Virginia allows for personal and emotional growth. Trails Momentum is not located in West Virginia, however, it may be helpful for your teen to have some physical distance from home. By removing West Virginia young adults from their usual surroundings, adventure based therapy allows for West Virginia young adults to look inward and gain personal skills such as teamwork, responsibility, and accountability.
Many adventure-based wilderness therapy programs for young adults from West Virginia offer programming that combines outdoor and adventure therapy with traditional therapeutic practices like individual and group therapy. If parents are considering other therapeutic options like residential treatment centers, there is a wide range of evidence that supports adventure-based wilderness therapy as a great alternative to basic residential treatment.
Adventure-based wilderness therapy programming has given many West Virginia families the opportunity to repair their damaged relationship with their child. Trails Momentum offers family-focused programming that includes weekly family therapy sessions, as well as family workshops.
Young adults from West Virginia struggling with behavioral and emotional issues such as depression, anxiety, academic underachievement, substance experimentation, technology addiction and general failure to launch tendencies. Find growth and the therapeutic help they need at Trails Momentum.
Trails Momentum adventure therapy helps young adults from West Virginia heal
When young adults from West Virginia first come to Trails Momentum, they may initially be adverse to the idea. Some level of apprehension is completely normal for young adults in need of therapeutic help. Trails Momentum combines evidence-based therapeutic treatment techniques with the support of caring, nurturing experts to give struggling young adults from West Virginia the best care possible. Trails Momentum offers the highest level of therapeutic care for West Virginia young adults and their families.
At Trails Momentum adventure therapy, young adults are placed in an environment where they are able to interact with their peers and mentors creating a strong, emotionally safe community. Within this community, given distance from the various ways young adults escape from the world around them (i.e. social media, video games, and television), young adults are able to focus on creating new coping skills and becoming more self aware.
Trails Momentum offers a unique approach to adventure-based wilderness therapy with the following:
- Family-focused therapy: At Trails Momentum, families from West Virginia and all over the U.S. are provided a life-altering experience. The unparalleled attention paid to reconnecting families with their young adults is a truly special aspect of Trails Momentum wilderness therapy.
- Transitional skills: After young adults leave Trails Momentum, they can transition back home to West Virginia smoothly because of the useful life skills learned during their time at Momentum.
- Educational programming: Trails Momentum recognizes that for many young adults, educational milestones and goals are intertwined with one’s identity, self-esteem and ability to transition into adult independence. For that very reason, Trails Momentum and its team of highly experienced educators have deliberately designed educational programming to meet the needs of its students.
Who does Trails Momentum help?
Trails Momentum helps young adults who struggle with challenges such as the issues below:
– Lack educational foundation
– Technology addicted
– Drug and alcohol experimentation
– Poor family relationships
– Poor self esteem
– Low self confidence
– Lacking trust in yourself or others
– Low motivation
– Without goals
– Lack accountability
– Disengaged from family and friends
– Fear of failure
– Failing to launch
– Social media addicted
American Psychological Association (APA): The APA are leaders in the representation of psychology within the scientific field. They publish a wide array of resources revolving around many aspects of psychology. They aim to promote research and awareness of mental health and all areas of psychology. Their website has information on mental health ranging from depression to decreasing stress at school.
MentalHealth.gov- MentalHealth.gov is the U.S. Department of Health and Human Service’s webpage discussing a variety of mental health diagnoses that many Americans work through on a daily basis. It includes a database of information in which individuals can search for local mental health resources.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From West Virginia
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps West Virginia Families From
Some examples of cities from West Virginia which may have families who could use Trails Momentum: Charleston Shepherdstown Cheat Lake Shenandoah Junction Summit Point
- Outdoor Therapy for Teens with Substance Use IssuesThe post Outdoor Therapy for Teens with Substance Use Issues appeared first on Trails Carolina. Continue reading Outdoor Therapy for Teens with Substance Use Issues at Trails Carolina.... Read more »
- Depression And Anxiety Are More Common Than You ThinkThe post Depression And Anxiety Are More Common Than You Think appeared first on Trails Carolina. Continue reading Depression And Anxiety Are More Common Than You Think at Trails Carolina.... Read more »
- Social Isolation in Teens: The Damaging Effects of Being Left OutThe post Social Isolation in Teens: The Damaging Effects of Being Left Out appeared first on Trails Carolina. Continue reading Social Isolation in Teens: The Damaging Effects of Being Left Out at Trails Carolina.... Read more »
- Rock Climbing Improves Mental Health for Students at Trails CarolinaThe post Rock Climbing Improves Mental Health for Students at Trails Carolina appeared first on Trails Carolina. Continue reading Rock Climbing Improves Mental Health for Students at Trails Carolina at Trails Carolina.... Read more »
- Is Your Teen Bullying? Five Ways to Address Bullying in TeensThe post Is Your Teen Bullying? Five Ways to Address Bullying in Teens appeared first on Trails Carolina. Continue reading Is Your Teen Bullying? Five Ways to Address Bullying in Teens at Trails Carolina.... Read more »