Adventure Therapy for Young Adults From Oklahoma
Oklahoma Adventure Therapy for young adults
Trails Momentum, one of the nations leading adventure therapy programs for young adults from Oklahoma. Momentum provides comprehensive therapeutic services to young adults from Oklahoma dealing with emotional and behavioral issues. Unlike other wilderness therapy programs, Trails Momentum provides an array of opportunities to young adults with the therapeutic and personal tools they need to cope with their challenges in order to find success after transitioning out of therapeutic programs.
In order to provide young adults and their families with a transformative healing experience, wilderness therapy programs for young adults from Oklahoma combine various therapeutic techniques such as adventure therapy, experiential therapy, individual therapy, and family therapy.
Although not located in Oklahoma, Trails Momentum wilderness offers admission to young adults across the country. Adventure therapy works by removing a teen from the hecticness of everyday life. By adding some physical distance between your child and the environment that may be influencing their behaviors in Oklahoma, your child will be able to focus on changing their behaviors and noticing how their behaviors affect others.
Adventure-based wilderness therapy is becoming one of the most widely utilized forms of treatment and is supported by a large number of expert psychologists. Trails Momentum is among the top programs in the country because of their innovative therapeutic techniques and quality of care.
Trails Momentum adventure therapy helps young adults from Oklahoma heal
When young adults from Oklahoma first come to Trails Momentum, they may initially be adverse to the idea. Some level of apprehension is completely normal for young adults in need of therapeutic help. Trails Momentum combines evidence-based therapeutic treatment techniques with the support of caring, nurturing experts to give struggling young adults from Oklahoma the best care possible. Trails Momentum offers the highest level of therapeutic care for Oklahoma young adults and their families.
At Trails Momentum adventure therapy, young adults are placed in an environment where they are able to interact with their peers and mentors creating a strong, emotionally safe community. Within this community, given distance from the various ways young adults escape from the world around them (i.e. social media, video games, and television), young adults are able to focus on creating new coping skills and becoming more self aware.
Trails Momentum offers a unique approach to adventure-based wilderness therapy with the following:
- Family-focused therapy: At Trails Momentum, families from Oklahoma and all over the U.S. are provided a life-altering experience. The unparalleled attention paid to reconnecting families with their young adults is a truly special aspect of Trails Momentum wilderness therapy.
- Transitional skills: After young adults leave Trails Momentum, they can transition back home to Oklahoma smoothly because of the useful life skills learned during their time at Momentum.
- Educational programming: Trails Momentum recognizes that for many young adults, educational milestones and goals are intertwined with ones identity, self-esteem and ability to transition into adult independence. For that very reason, Trails Momentum and its team of highly experienced educators have deliberately designed educational programming to meet the needs of its students.
Who does Trails Momentum help?
Trails Momentum helps young adults who struggle with challenges such as the issues below:
– Social media addicted
– Disengaged from family and friends
– Failing to launch
– Poor self esteem
– Lack accountability
– Technology addicted
– Drug and alcohol experimentation
– Without goals
– Lack educational foundation
– Low self confidence
– Fear of failure
– Lacking trust in yourself or others
– Poor family relationships
– Low motivation
Journal of Adolescent and Family Health: This journal contains a variety of studies related to wilderness therapy and other inpatient therapeutic programs. One study found that wilderness therapy greatly reduces an adolescents chances to return to destructive behaviors in their life. This is great news for any parent hoping to help their child find success.
Wikidata: Wikidata contains snippets of information about a variety of subjects, including wilderness therapy. If youre looking for a very concise definition of therapeutic programs for your child, wikidata is a good option for that.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Oklahoma
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Oklahoma Families From
Some examples of cities from Oklahoma which may have families who could use Trails Momentum: Oklahoma City Tulsa Norman Broken Arrow Lawton Edmond Moore Midwest Enid
- Putting A Stop to Self-HarmSelf-harm is a way in which some children and teens cope with emotional distress. Research shows that about 15 percent of adolescents engage in self-harm. There are various methods that can be considered self-harm, as the term itself refers to self-inflicting physical pain. Some forms of self-harm include cutting, burning,... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 26, 2018 - 5:56 pm
- Primary Therapist Discusses Trauma Treatments For TeensFor as long as I can remember, I have always felt a gravitational pull towards Africa, and I believe the universe puts you where you need to be if you are still enough to listen. Several years ago, I was invited to be a part of a small research project... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 13, 2018 - 4:18 pm
- Trails Carolina Primary Therapist Discusses Helping Teens with Attachment IssuesDifficulties with attachment are a common issue amongst individuals who have been adopted or who struggled with abuse or neglect in their early childhood. Teens with attachment issues often struggle with establishing boundaries and may not understand how to build meaningful relationships with others. At Trails Carolina, we work closely... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: September 13, 2018 - 7:42 pm
- Dealing with Defiance: Six Tips for Decreasing Defiant BehaviorMost parents know what is like to live with a defiant teenager. Teens often feel inclined to push buttons and test the limits enforced upon them. This can be extremely frustrating for parents and create a constant power struggle within the home. The teenage years are when one is trying... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 20, 2018 - 6:48 pm
- Reconnecting on Common Ground: Family Programming at Trails CarolinaAt Trails, our Common Ground programming provides an opportunity for students to reconnect with their families after being away. The reconnection happens through a series of planned activities and events that span over multiple days. Participating in Common Ground can be beneficial for the family dynamic as a whole. Therapists... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 16, 2018 - 1:47 pm
- Winter in Wilderness Therapy: Keeping students warm during the winter monthsAs chillier weather sets into the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, it is Trails Carolina’s utmost concern to keep students feeling comfortable and warm while participating in wilderness therapy in the great outdoors. During cooler months, we instill a variety of practices and techniques that help keep students and... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 15, 2018 - 3:25 pm
- Avoid a Bummer Summer: Summer Options For A Struggling TeenSummertime is here! This means the teens are out of school. Unfortunately, with less supervision, summertime invites some to see what kinds of shenanigans they can get in to. If you have an at-risk or troubled teen living in your home, don’t worry. Come up with a plan and explore... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 22, 2018 - 8:42 pm
- Not just a nightmare: Help for a defiant teenager using drugsSubstance abuse is every parent’s worst nightmare, whether it’s alcohol or drugs like marijuana. Dealing with teenagers is hard on its own, but when you have a defiant teenager using drugs, things get a lot more complicated. And although you might think your teenager is just “experimenting“ with drugs, keep... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: October 23, 2018 - 1:39 pm