Adventure Therapy for Young Adults From North Dakota
Adventure-Based Wilderness Therapy for North Dakota Young Adults
Trails Momentum Adventure Based Wilderness Therapy provides young adults from North Dakota with the therapeutic help they need to work through emotional and behavioral struggles. Adventure-based wilderness therapy for young adults from North Dakota allows for personal and emotional growth. Trails Momentum is not located in North Dakota, however, it may be helpful for your teen to have some physical distance from home. By removing North Dakota young adults from their usual surroundings, adventure based therapy allows for North Dakota young adults to look inward and gain personal skills such as teamwork, responsibility, and accountability.
Many adventure-based wilderness therapy programs for young adults from North Dakota offer programming that combines outdoor and adventure therapy with traditional therapeutic practices like individual and group therapy. If parents are considering other therapeutic options like residential treatment centers, there is a wide range of evidence that supports adventure-based wilderness therapy as a great alternative to basic residential treatment.
Adventure-based wilderness therapy programming has given many North Dakota families the opportunity to repair their damaged relationship with their child. Trails Momentum offers family-focused programming that includes weekly family therapy sessions, as well as family workshops.
Young adults from North Dakota struggling with behavioral and emotional issues such as depression, anxiety, academic underachievement, substance experimentation, technology addiction and general failure to launch tendencies. Find growth and the therapeutic help they need at Trails Momentum.
Trails Momentum wilderness therapy for young adults from North Dakota
Adventure therapy can seem like an intimidating form of therapy for struggling young adults and their families. Many young adults who have little experience with the outdoors may be apprehensive about getting help in an outdoor setting. At Trails Momentum, this is very much taken into account.
Removing distractions such as social media and video games from your young adult’s life during their time at Trails Momentum can help them focus on how their behaviors affect others. Being surrounded by peers who have gone through similar experiences as your child creates a built in support system during this process. Struggling young adults who attend Trails Momentum wilderness therapy have come out of the process with lifelong friends.
During their stay at Trails Momentum, North Dakota young adults work with expert therapists to develop coping techniques in order to manage behavioral and emotional struggles.
Wilderness therapy works by extracting your young adult from their natural environment. Often, the environment of home and school life can be a contributing factor to a young adult’s emotional and behavioral problems. For example, your child’s peers may be influencing their impulsive or defiant behavior. By removing your young adult from that environment, they are able to better focus on changing their behaviors for the better. Although Trails Momentum is not located in North Dakota, the physical distance from home allows for greater emotional and behavioral development.
Wikipedia: Wikipedia is a collaborative encyclopedia that contains a wealth of information about mental health issues, among millions of other topics. Wikipedia contains an in depth description of wilderness therapy including its history and a general description of how it is used in the field of psychology. It also discusses what happens after a teen attends wilderness therapy, including the transition process back home or to another therapeutic program.
American Psychological Association (APA): The APA are leaders in the representation of psychology within the scientific field. They publish a wide array of resources revolving around many aspects of psychology. They aim to promote research and awareness of mental health and all areas of psychology. Their website has information on mental health ranging from depression to decreasing stress at school.
Who does Trails Momentum help?
Trails Momentum helps young adults who struggle with challenges such as the issues below:
– Without goals
– Social media addicted
– Drug and alcohol experimentation
– Disengaged from family and friends
– Failing to launch
– Lacking trust in yourself or others
– Fear of failure
– Poor self esteem
– Technology addicted
– Poor family relationships
– Low self confidence
– Lack educational foundation
– Low motivation
– Lack accountability
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From North Dakota
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps North Dakota Families From
Some examples of cities from North Dakota which may have families who could use Trails Momentum: Fargo Bismarck Grand Forks Bismarck Minot
- Benefits of Adventure Therapy for Young GirlsPreteen girls face a unique set of challenges compared to their male peers or even older teen girls. They are just beginning to enter the world of teen girl social dynamics, higher expectations in school, and negative peer pressure. This can be an overwhelming time in their lives, and for... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: October 29, 2020 - 3:09 pm
- Teens and Risky Behaviors: What Issues Are More Than Just Growing Pains?We know that teens have a reputation for engaging in risky behavior. But when is it typical healthy risk-taking and when does the risky behavior become a larger concern? Why Do Teens Take Risks? Teen’s brains are wired to seek out stimulation. It is one of the reasons that social... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: October 23, 2020 - 3:48 pm
- Dealing with Teenage Rebellion and DefianceMany parents can pinpoint the exact year that their child changed from wanting to sit in their lap and read stories to wanting nothing to do with them. And it is not surprising that it is usually in the pre-teen and teen years. Conflict with your teenager may seem inevitable.... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: September 28, 2020 - 3:26 am
- Committing Your Teen to a Healthy Sleep ScheduleCommitting Your Teen to a Healthy Sleep Schedule Have you gotten used to seeing the glow of screens from beneath your teen’s door late into the night? Or maybe you’ve noticed how hard it is to wake them up in the morning for school. Sleep is such an integral part... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: October 15, 2020 - 3:12 pm
- My adopted child has attachment issues: How can I find treatment for them?Adoption can be one of the most rewarding experiences of a parent’s life. After months or years of waiting for your family to feel complete, you finally get to bring home your child. And while adoption is incredibly rewarding, it can also come with it’s own set of challenges. One... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: August 24, 2020 - 6:40 pm
- The Purpose of Bow Drilling in Wilderness TherapyThere is evidence that humans have been using fire as a survival tool for as long as a million years, but it took several hundred thousand years for us to perfect the skill of building and controlling fires. Over time, we have learned to skip steps along the way and... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: August 4, 2020 - 7:23 pm
- Can Yoga Help Improve Anxiety In Teens?When you say the word “yoga”, most people’s thoughts go straight to green juice, leggings, and the pretzel body shapes that grace yoga magazine covers. Yoga is often touted as a workout, with a dazzling amount of options from hot yoga to goat yoga. But yoga can be an incredibly... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: September 1, 2020 - 4:56 pm
- Anger Issues in Teens: How to Help Your ChildTeenagers have a reputation for being angry and irritable, and while anger can be a messy or even frightening emotion, that doesn’t mean we don’t want teens to feel it. It is important for teens to experience a full spectrum of emotions in a healthy way. When that anger is... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 12, 2020 - 4:51 pm