Adventure Therapy for Young Adults From North Dakota
Adventure-Based Wilderness Therapy for North Dakota Young Adults
Trails Momentum Adventure Based Wilderness Therapy provides young adults from North Dakota with the therapeutic help they need to work through emotional and behavioral struggles. Adventure-based wilderness therapy for young adults from North Dakota allows for personal and emotional growth. Trails Momentum is not located in North Dakota, however, it may be helpful for your teen to have some physical distance from home. By removing North Dakota young adults from their usual surroundings, adventure based therapy allows for North Dakota young adults to look inward and gain personal skills such as teamwork, responsibility, and accountability.
Many adventure-based wilderness therapy programs for young adults from North Dakota offer programming that combines outdoor and adventure therapy with traditional therapeutic practices like individual and group therapy. If parents are considering other therapeutic options like residential treatment centers, there is a wide range of evidence that supports adventure-based wilderness therapy as a great alternative to basic residential treatment.
Adventure-based wilderness therapy programming has given many North Dakota families the opportunity to repair their damaged relationship with their child. Trails Momentum offers family-focused programming that includes weekly family therapy sessions, as well as family workshops.
Young adults from North Dakota struggling with behavioral and emotional issues such as depression, anxiety, academic underachievement, substance experimentation, technology addiction and general failure to launch tendencies. Find growth and the therapeutic help they need at Trails Momentum.
Trails Momentum wilderness therapy for young adults from North Dakota
Adventure therapy can seem like an intimidating form of therapy for struggling young adults and their families. Many young adults who have little experience with the outdoors may be apprehensive about getting help in an outdoor setting. At Trails Momentum, this is very much taken into account.
Removing distractions such as social media and video games from your young adults life during their time at Trails Momentum can help them focus on how their behaviors affect others. Being surrounded by peers who have gone through similar experiences as your child creates a built in support system during this process. Struggling young adults who attend Trails Momentum wilderness therapy have come out of the process with lifelong friends.
During their stay at Trails Momentum, North Dakota young adults work with expert therapists to develop coping techniques in order to manage behavioral and emotional struggles.
Wilderness therapy works by extracting your young adult from their natural environment. Often, the environment of home and school life can be a contributing factor to a young adults emotional and behavioral problems. For example, your childs peers may be influencing their impulsive or defiant behavior. By removing your young adult from that environment, they are able to better focus on changing their behaviors for the better. Although Trails Momentum is not located in North Dakota, the physical distance from home allows for greater emotional and behavioral development.
Wikipedia: Wikipedia is a collaborative encyclopedia that contains a wealth of information about mental health issues, among millions of other topics. Wikipedia contains an in depth description of wilderness therapy including its history and a general description of how it is used in the field of psychology. It also discusses what happens after a teen attends wilderness therapy, including the transition process back home or to another therapeutic program.
American Psychological Association (APA): The APA are leaders in the representation of psychology within the scientific field. They publish a wide array of resources revolving around many aspects of psychology. They aim to promote research and awareness of mental health and all areas of psychology. Their website has information on mental health ranging from depression to decreasing stress at school.
Who does Trails Momentum help?
Trails Momentum helps young adults who struggle with challenges such as the issues below:
– Without goals
– Social media addicted
– Drug and alcohol experimentation
– Disengaged from family and friends
– Failing to launch
– Lacking trust in yourself or others
– Fear of failure
– Poor self esteem
– Technology addicted
– Poor family relationships
– Low self confidence
– Lack educational foundation
– Low motivation
– Lack accountability
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From North Dakota
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps North Dakota Families From
Some examples of cities from North Dakota which may have families who could use Trails Momentum: Fargo Bismarck Grand Forks Bismarck Minot
- Winter in Wilderness Therapy: Keeping students warm during the winter monthsAs chillier weather sets into the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, it is Trails Carolina’s utmost concern to keep students feeling comfortable and warm while participating in wilderness therapy in the great outdoors. During cooler months, we instill a variety of practices and techniques that help keep students and... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 15, 2018 - 3:25 pm
- Avoid a Bummer Summer: Summer Options For A Struggling TeenSummertime is here! This means the teens are out of school. Unfortunately, with less supervision, summertime invites some to see what kinds of shenanigans they can get in to. If you have an at-risk or troubled teen living in your home, don’t worry. Come up with a plan and explore... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 22, 2018 - 8:42 pm
- The “Out of Control” that they won’t OutgrowSometimes it’s not “just a phase”. Often times, parents dismiss their teen’s behavior as part of a “phase”, but unfortunately it may be more than that. No one wants to think their child may be struggling with a deeper rooted issue that cannot be outgrown. But sometimes this may be... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 6, 2018 - 2:24 pm
- Dealing with Defiance: Six Tips for Decreasing Defiant BehaviorMost parents know what is like to live with a defiant teenager. Teens often feel inclined to push buttons and test the limits enforced upon them. This can be extremely frustrating for parents and create a constant power struggle within the home. The teenage years are when one is trying... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 20, 2018 - 6:48 pm
- Reconnecting on Common Ground: Family Programming at Trails CarolinaAt Trails, our Common Ground programming provides an opportunity for students to reconnect with their families after being away. The reconnection happens through a series of planned activities and events that span over multiple days. Participating in Common Ground can be beneficial for the family dynamic as a whole. Therapists... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 16, 2018 - 1:47 pm
- Primary Therapist Discusses Trauma Treatments For TeensFor as long as I can remember, I have always felt a gravitational pull towards Africa, and I believe the universe puts you where you need to be if you are still enough to listen. Several years ago, I was invited to be a part of a small research project... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 13, 2018 - 4:18 pm
- Putting A Stop to Self-HarmSelf-harm is a way in which some children and teens cope with emotional distress. Research shows that about 15 percent of adolescents engage in self-harm. There are various methods that can be considered self-harm, as the term itself refers to self-inflicting physical pain. Some forms of self-harm include cutting, burning,... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 26, 2018 - 5:56 pm
- Not just a nightmare: Help for a defiant teenager using drugsSubstance abuse is every parent’s worst nightmare, whether it’s alcohol or drugs like marijuana. Dealing with teenagers is hard on its own, but when you have a defiant teenager using drugs, things get a lot more complicated. And although you might think your teenager is just “experimenting“ with drugs, keep... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: October 23, 2018 - 1:39 pm