Trails Momentum wilderness therapy for young adults from New Hampshire
Adventure therapy can seem like an intimidating form of therapy for struggling young adults and their families. Many young adults who have little experience with the outdoors may be apprehensive about getting help in an outdoor setting. At Trails Momentum, this is very much taken into account.
Removing distractions such as social media and video games from your young adult’s life during their time at Trails Momentum can help them focus on how their behaviors affect others. Being surrounded by peers who have gone through similar experiences as your child creates a built in support system during this process. Struggling young adults who attend Trails Momentum wilderness therapy have come out of the process with lifelong friends.
During their stay at Trails Momentum, New Hampshire young adults work with expert therapists to develop coping techniques in order to manage behavioral and emotional struggles.
Wilderness therapy works by extracting your young adult from their natural environment. Often, the environment of home and school life can be a contributing factor to a young adult’s emotional and behavioral problems. For example, your child’s peers may be influencing their impulsive or defiant behavior. By removing your young adult from that environment, they are able to better focus on changing their behaviors for the better. Although Trails Momentum is not located in New Hampshire, the physical distance from home allows for greater emotional and behavioral development.
Adventure Therapy for New Hampshire Young Adults
Trails Momentum is a leading adventure therapy program for New Hampshire young adults working through emotional or behavioral issues. Trails Momentum helps young adults address and deal with problems such as depression, anxiety, academic underachievement, substance experimentation, failure to launch, technology addiction and poor emotional regulation.
Adventure-based wilderness therapy helps New Hampshire young adults work through discovering their inner empowerment by removing them from the distractions of everyday life and placing them in a healing environment that aids the process of gaining the tools necessary to launch to independence.
This removal from everyday life distractions and stressors allows young adults to become focused on becoming their best selves by gaining the confidence and skills necessary to work through past struggles and gain independence.
Although Trails Momentum wilderness therapy is not located in New Hampshire, the program is designed for young adults across the country. Sending your young adult out of New Hampshire to get help for their struggles can be beneficial to your young adult’s healing process. By physically removing your young adult from the negative influences of peers and situations that may encourage your young adult’s struggles to continue, your teen can take a close look at how their behaviors are affecting others and take steps to improve their overall mental health.
Through a combination of expert, professional staff, family-focused programming, and evidence-based therapeutic offerings, Trails Momentum provides New Hampshire young adults and their families with the therapeutic tools necessary for lasting change.
Trails Momentum is a sister program to Trails Carolina, a wilderness therapy program which helps teens ages 10-17. If you’re interested in their programming, please call 800-975-7303.
For more information about how Trails Momentum wilderness therapy can help your child from New Hampshire, please call (877) 296-8711 today!
American Psychological Association (APA): The APA are leaders in the representation of psychology within the scientific field. They publish a wide array of resources revolving around many aspects of psychology. They aim to promote research and awareness of mental health and all areas of psychology. Their website has information on mental health ranging from depression to decreasing stress at school.
Your Little Professor: Your Little Professor provides a variety of information for parents seeking help for their troubled child. It also contains information about treatment options for struggling young adults, including detailed information about wilderness therapy. Although the site is mainly focused on helping parents of children on the autism spectrum, Your Little Professor has a bit of information for parents of young adults struggling with other emotional and behavioral issues such as substance use and depression.
Who does Trails Momentum help?
Trails Momentum helps young adults who struggle with challenges such as the issues below:
– Drug and alcohol experimentation
– Poor family relationships
– Lack educational foundation
– Low motivation
– Lack accountability
– Poor self esteem
– Social media addicted
– Failing to launch
– Without goals
– Low self confidence
– Technology addicted
– Fear of failure
– Lacking trust in yourself or others
– Disengaged from family and friends
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps New Hampshire Families From
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From New Hampshire
Trails Momentum helps New Hampshire families from cities and towns like New Castle Rye Town of Hanover North Hampton Hollis Newfields Holderness Bedford Windham Greenland
- Social Isolation in Teens: The Damaging Effects of Being Left OutThe post Social Isolation in Teens: The Damaging Effects of Being Left Out appeared first on Trails Carolina. Continue reading Social Isolation in Teens: The Damaging Effects of Being Left Out at Trails Carolina.... Read more »
- Outdoor Therapy for Teens with Substance Use IssuesThe post Outdoor Therapy for Teens with Substance Use Issues appeared first on Trails Carolina. Continue reading Outdoor Therapy for Teens with Substance Use Issues at Trails Carolina.... Read more »
- Rock Climbing Improves Mental Health for Students at Trails CarolinaThe post Rock Climbing Improves Mental Health for Students at Trails Carolina appeared first on Trails Carolina. Continue reading Rock Climbing Improves Mental Health for Students at Trails Carolina at Trails Carolina.... Read more »
- Is Your Teen Bullying? Five Ways to Address Bullying in TeensThe post Is Your Teen Bullying? Five Ways to Address Bullying in Teens appeared first on Trails Carolina. Continue reading Is Your Teen Bullying? Five Ways to Address Bullying in Teens at Trails Carolina.... Read more »