Adventure Therapy for Young Adults From Maryland
Life Changing Adventure Therapy for Maryland young adults at Trails Momentum
Trails Momentum wilderness therapy offers top notch therapeutic programming for Maryland young adults struggling with emotional and behavioral issues like substance experimentation, academic underachievement, and technology addiction. Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for young adults from Maryland, Trails Momentum provides young adults with the transitional skills they will need to become productive, successful individuals after they leave Trails Momentum.
Trails Momentum encourages young adults to evaluate and reflect on past decisions and actions. By providing a safe, nurturing environment for Maryland young adults to work with expert therapists on developing coping tools designed to work through their struggles, Trails Momentum has helped hundreds of young adults lead successful, happy lives long after they attend the program.
During adventure-based therapy, young adults learn how to work well with their peers and develop a sense of accountability and respect for those around them. These skills allow for an effective transition after a Maryland young adult leaves wilderness therapy. Wilderness therapy, such as the program offered at Trails Momentum, can completely change your young adults view of the world. Through a combination of family therapy, individual therapy, experiential therapy, and group therapy, Trails Momentum offers a top notch wilderness therapy program that can help your young adult find success.
Who does Trails Momentum help?
Trails Momentum helps young adults who struggle with challenges such as the issues below:
– Poor family relationships
– Lack accountability
– Lacking trust in yourself or others
– Social media addicted
– Low self confidence
– Failing to launch
– Lack educational foundation
– Drug and alcohol experimentation
– Disengaged from family and friends
– Low motivation
– Poor self esteem
– Without goals
– Fear of failure
– Technology addicted
Adventure Therapy for Maryland Young Adults
Trails Momentum is a leading adventure therapy program for Maryland young adults working through emotional or behavioral issues. Trails Momentum helps young adults address and deal with problems such as depression, anxiety, academic underachievement, substance experimentation, failure to launch, technology addiction and poor emotional regulation.
Adventure-based wilderness therapy helps Maryland young adults work through discovering their inner empowerment by removing them from the distractions of everyday life and placing them in a healing environment that aids the process of gaining the tools necessary to launch to independence.
This removal from everyday life distractions and stressors allows young adults to become focused on becoming their best selves by gaining the confidence and skills necessary to work through past struggles and gain independence.
Although Trails Momentum wilderness therapy is not located in Maryland, the program is designed for young adults across the country. Sending your young adult out of Maryland to get help for their struggles can be beneficial to your young adults healing process. By physically removing your young adult from the negative influences of peers and situations that may encourage your young adults struggles to continue, your teen can take a close look at how their behaviors are affecting others and take steps to improve their overall mental health.
Through a combination of expert, professional staff, family-focused programming, and evidence-based therapeutic offerings, Trails Momentum provides Maryland young adults and their families with the therapeutic tools necessary for lasting change.
Trails Momentum is a sister program to Trails Carolina, a wilderness therapy program which helps teens ages 10-17. If youre interested in their programming, please call 800-975-7303.
For more information about how Trails Momentum wilderness therapy can help your child from Maryland, please call (877) 296-8711 today!
Wilderness Therapy is Effective: This study conducted by the Center for Research, Assessment, and Treatment Efficacy and the Arkansas Interdisciplinary Sciences Library, offers insight into the overall effects of wilderness therapy programs like Trails Momentum. In this study, adolescent participants in wilderness therapy programs experienced significant reductions in troubled behavior during treatment and maintained improved behavior for a year after treatment. Participants in the study, more specifically, demonstrated improvements in anxiety, depression, substance abuse and dependency. They also improved in school significantly.
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)- NAMI provides a variety of resources for individuals who want to learn more about mental health struggles, who suffer from mental health issues themselves, or who have a loved one struggling with a mental health issue. NAMI has a wide array of articles that provide helpful information for people interested in learning more about mental health issues. They also have localized websites in order to help individuals learn more about local mental health resources.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Maryland
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Maryland Families From
Some examples of cities from Maryland which may have families who could use Trails Momentum: Baltimore Frederick Gaithersburg Rockville Bowie
- Winter in Wilderness Therapy: Keeping students warm during the winter monthsAs chillier weather sets into the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, it is Trails Carolina’s utmost concern to keep students feeling comfortable and warm while participating in wilderness therapy in the great outdoors. During cooler months, we instill a variety of practices and techniques that help keep students and... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 15, 2018 - 3:25 pm
- Trails Carolina Primary Therapist Discusses Helping Teens with Attachment IssuesDifficulties with attachment are a common issue amongst individuals who have been adopted or who struggled with abuse or neglect in their early childhood. Teens with attachment issues often struggle with establishing boundaries and may not understand how to build meaningful relationships with others. At Trails Carolina, we work closely... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: September 13, 2018 - 7:42 pm
- Not just a nightmare: Help for a defiant teenager using drugsSubstance abuse is every parent’s worst nightmare, whether it’s alcohol or drugs like marijuana. Dealing with teenagers is hard on its own, but when you have a defiant teenager using drugs, things get a lot more complicated. And although you might think your teenager is just “experimenting“ with drugs, keep... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: October 23, 2018 - 1:39 pm
- Dealing with Defiance: Six Tips for Decreasing Defiant BehaviorMost parents know what is like to live with a defiant teenager. Teens often feel inclined to push buttons and test the limits enforced upon them. This can be extremely frustrating for parents and create a constant power struggle within the home. The teenage years are when one is trying... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 20, 2018 - 6:48 pm
- Putting A Stop to Self-HarmSelf-harm is a way in which some children and teens cope with emotional distress. Research shows that about 15 percent of adolescents engage in self-harm. There are various methods that can be considered self-harm, as the term itself refers to self-inflicting physical pain. Some forms of self-harm include cutting, burning,... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 26, 2018 - 5:56 pm
- The “Out of Control” that they won’t OutgrowSometimes it’s not “just a phase”. Often times, parents dismiss their teen’s behavior as part of a “phase”, but unfortunately it may be more than that. No one wants to think their child may be struggling with a deeper rooted issue that cannot be outgrown. But sometimes this may be... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 6, 2018 - 2:24 pm
- Talking Boys and Body Image: Helping Boys Struggling With Body ImageThe body image issue is often booming among girls. Dr. Roberts addresses the complex stigma that exists among the male population, “…there seems to be a stigma around males being too concerned with body image, and yet, there is societal pressure on males to meet certain physical ideals, like being... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 29, 2018 - 1:48 pm
- Primary Therapist Discusses Trauma Treatments For TeensFor as long as I can remember, I have always felt a gravitational pull towards Africa, and I believe the universe puts you where you need to be if you are still enough to listen. Several years ago, I was invited to be a part of a small research project... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 13, 2018 - 4:18 pm