Adventure Therapy for Young Adults From Iowa
Trails Momentum wilderness therapy for young adults from Iowa
Adventure therapy can seem like an intimidating form of therapy for struggling young adults and their families. Many young adults who have little experience with the outdoors may be apprehensive about getting help in an outdoor setting. At Trails Momentum, this is very much taken into account.
Removing distractions such as social media and video games from your young adults life during their time at Trails Momentum can help them focus on how their behaviors affect others. Being surrounded by peers who have gone through similar experiences as your child creates a built in support system during this process. Struggling young adults who attend Trails Momentum wilderness therapy have come out of the process with lifelong friends.
During their stay at Trails Momentum, Iowa young adults work with expert therapists to develop coping techniques in order to manage behavioral and emotional struggles.
Wilderness therapy works by extracting your young adult from their natural environment. Often, the environment of home and school life can be a contributing factor to a young adults emotional and behavioral problems. For example, your childs peers may be influencing their impulsive or defiant behavior. By removing your young adult from that environment, they are able to better focus on changing their behaviors for the better. Although Trails Momentum is not located in Iowa, the physical distance from home allows for greater emotional and behavioral development.
Iowa Adventure Therapy for young adults
Trails Momentum, one of the nations leading adventure therapy programs for young adults from Iowa. Momentum provides comprehensive therapeutic services to young adults from Iowa dealing with emotional and behavioral issues. Unlike other wilderness therapy programs, Trails Momentum provides an array of opportunities to young adults with the therapeutic and personal tools they need to cope with their challenges in order to find success after transitioning out of therapeutic programs.
In order to provide young adults and their families with a transformative healing experience, wilderness therapy programs for young adults from Iowa combine various therapeutic techniques such as adventure therapy, experiential therapy, individual therapy, and family therapy.
Although not located in Iowa, Trails Momentum wilderness offers admission to young adults across the country. Adventure therapy works by removing a teen from the hecticness of everyday life. By adding some physical distance between your child and the environment that may be influencing their behaviors in Iowa, your child will be able to focus on changing their behaviors and noticing how their behaviors affect others.
Adventure-based wilderness therapy is becoming one of the most widely utilized forms of treatment and is supported by a large number of expert psychologists. Trails Momentum is among the top programs in the country because of their innovative therapeutic techniques and quality of care.
To find out more about how Trails Momentum can help your Iowa young adult get help, call today at (877) 296-8711.
Who does Trails Momentum help?
Trails Momentum helps young adults who struggle with challenges such as the issues below:
– Low motivation
– Lack educational foundation
– Social media addicted
– Fear of failure
– Drug and alcohol experimentation
– Disengaged from family and friends
– Without goals
– Poor family relationships
– Lacking trust in yourself or others
– Poor self esteem
– Low self confidence
– Lack accountability
– Technology addicted
– Failing to launch
MentalHealth.gov- MentalHealth.gov is the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services webpage discussing a variety of mental health diagnoses that many Americans work through on a daily basis. It includes a database of information in which individuals can search for local mental health resources.
Advocates for Youth : Intended for both adolescents and their parents, Advocates for Youth offers invaluable advice on how to efficiently combat mental problems in young adults. Whether you are a concerned parent or an individual seeking help, here you can find many articles about the problems young adults have to deal with in the modern world.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Iowa Families From
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Iowa
Trails Momentum helps Iowa families from cities and towns like Cumming Johnston Polk City Clive University Heights Waukee Granger Runnells Lawton Van Meter
- Dealing with Defiance: Six Tips for Decreasing Defiant BehaviorMost parents know what is like to live with a defiant teenager. Teens often feel inclined to push buttons and test the limits enforced upon them. This can be extremely frustrating for parents and create a constant power struggle within the home. The teenage years are when one is trying... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 20, 2018 - 6:48 pm
- Not just a nightmare: Help for a defiant teenager using drugsSubstance abuse is every parent’s worst nightmare, whether it’s alcohol or drugs like marijuana. Dealing with teenagers is hard on its own, but when you have a defiant teenager using drugs, things get a lot more complicated. And although you might think your teenager is just “experimenting“ with drugs, keep... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: October 23, 2018 - 1:39 pm
- Putting A Stop to Self-HarmSelf-harm is a way in which some children and teens cope with emotional distress. Research shows that about 15 percent of adolescents engage in self-harm. There are various methods that can be considered self-harm, as the term itself refers to self-inflicting physical pain. Some forms of self-harm include cutting, burning,... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 26, 2018 - 5:56 pm
- The “Out of Control” that they won’t OutgrowSometimes it’s not “just a phase”. Often times, parents dismiss their teen’s behavior as part of a “phase”, but unfortunately it may be more than that. No one wants to think their child may be struggling with a deeper rooted issue that cannot be outgrown. But sometimes this may be... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 6, 2018 - 2:24 pm
- Talking Boys and Body Image: Helping Boys Struggling With Body ImageThe body image issue is often booming among girls. Dr. Roberts addresses the complex stigma that exists among the male population, “…there seems to be a stigma around males being too concerned with body image, and yet, there is societal pressure on males to meet certain physical ideals, like being... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 29, 2018 - 1:48 pm
- Winter in Wilderness Therapy: Keeping students warm during the winter monthsAs chillier weather sets into the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, it is Trails Carolina’s utmost concern to keep students feeling comfortable and warm while participating in wilderness therapy in the great outdoors. During cooler months, we instill a variety of practices and techniques that help keep students and... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 15, 2018 - 3:25 pm
- Reconnecting on Common Ground: Family Programming at Trails CarolinaAt Trails, our Common Ground programming provides an opportunity for students to reconnect with their families after being away. The reconnection happens through a series of planned activities and events that span over multiple days. Participating in Common Ground can be beneficial for the family dynamic as a whole. Therapists... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 16, 2018 - 1:47 pm
- Primary Therapist Discusses Trauma Treatments For TeensFor as long as I can remember, I have always felt a gravitational pull towards Africa, and I believe the universe puts you where you need to be if you are still enough to listen. Several years ago, I was invited to be a part of a small research project... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 13, 2018 - 4:18 pm