Adventure Therapy for Young Adults From Iowa
Trails Momentum wilderness therapy for young adults from Iowa
Adventure therapy can seem like an intimidating form of therapy for struggling young adults and their families. Many young adults who have little experience with the outdoors may be apprehensive about getting help in an outdoor setting. At Trails Momentum, this is very much taken into account.
Removing distractions such as social media and video games from your young adults life during their time at Trails Momentum can help them focus on how their behaviors affect others. Being surrounded by peers who have gone through similar experiences as your child creates a built in support system during this process. Struggling young adults who attend Trails Momentum wilderness therapy have come out of the process with lifelong friends.
During their stay at Trails Momentum, Iowa young adults work with expert therapists to develop coping techniques in order to manage behavioral and emotional struggles.
Wilderness therapy works by extracting your young adult from their natural environment. Often, the environment of home and school life can be a contributing factor to a young adults emotional and behavioral problems. For example, your childs peers may be influencing their impulsive or defiant behavior. By removing your young adult from that environment, they are able to better focus on changing their behaviors for the better. Although Trails Momentum is not located in Iowa, the physical distance from home allows for greater emotional and behavioral development.
Iowa Adventure Therapy for young adults
Trails Momentum, one of the nations leading adventure therapy programs for young adults from Iowa. Momentum provides comprehensive therapeutic services to young adults from Iowa dealing with emotional and behavioral issues. Unlike other wilderness therapy programs, Trails Momentum provides an array of opportunities to young adults with the therapeutic and personal tools they need to cope with their challenges in order to find success after transitioning out of therapeutic programs.
In order to provide young adults and their families with a transformative healing experience, wilderness therapy programs for young adults from Iowa combine various therapeutic techniques such as adventure therapy, experiential therapy, individual therapy, and family therapy.
Although not located in Iowa, Trails Momentum wilderness offers admission to young adults across the country. Adventure therapy works by removing a teen from the hecticness of everyday life. By adding some physical distance between your child and the environment that may be influencing their behaviors in Iowa, your child will be able to focus on changing their behaviors and noticing how their behaviors affect others.
Adventure-based wilderness therapy is becoming one of the most widely utilized forms of treatment and is supported by a large number of expert psychologists. Trails Momentum is among the top programs in the country because of their innovative therapeutic techniques and quality of care.
To find out more about how Trails Momentum can help your Iowa young adult get help, call today at (877) 296-8711.
Who does Trails Momentum help?
Trails Momentum helps young adults who struggle with challenges such as the issues below:
– Low motivation
– Lack educational foundation
– Social media addicted
– Fear of failure
– Drug and alcohol experimentation
– Disengaged from family and friends
– Without goals
– Poor family relationships
– Lacking trust in yourself or others
– Poor self esteem
– Low self confidence
– Lack accountability
– Technology addicted
– Failing to launch
MentalHealth.gov- MentalHealth.gov is the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services webpage discussing a variety of mental health diagnoses that many Americans work through on a daily basis. It includes a database of information in which individuals can search for local mental health resources.
Advocates for Youth : Intended for both adolescents and their parents, Advocates for Youth offers invaluable advice on how to efficiently combat mental problems in young adults. Whether you are a concerned parent or an individual seeking help, here you can find many articles about the problems young adults have to deal with in the modern world.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Iowa Families From
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Iowa
Trails Momentum helps Iowa families from cities and towns like Cumming Johnston Polk City Clive University Heights Waukee Granger Runnells Lawton Van Meter
- Family Stress Over Holiday Season Leads to Unhealthy CopingFor some, the winter holidays are the most wonderful time of year. For others, it brings out their inner Grinch, irritated by the joy other people seem to be experiencing during a period of intense family stress. Teens look forward to unstructured time over winter break, but it often only... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 18, 2019 - 3:00 pm
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for Teens with AnxietyA common phrase used to signal anxiety is “I have butterflies in my stomach.” This suggests that people are subconsciously aware of how physical sensations can alert us to anxious thoughts without necessarily making the connection. Teens are often better at noticing signs of physical anxiety than being able to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: January 7, 2020 - 6:55 pm
- Showing Gratitude in Relationships Over Holiday SeasonThere should be more than one day a year dedicated to giving thanks and showing appreciation for people in your life. The holiday season is a good reminder to focus on spending time with loved ones, giving to others, and acknowledging the positives in one’s life. This can be particularly... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 22, 2019 - 9:12 pm
- Why is Nature Nurturing? 4 Benefits of a Wilderness EnvironmentThe nature-nurture debate has sparked interest in recent years, as people have observed the impact of environmental factors in changing one’s behavior. Most psychologists argue that people’s experiences are shaped by both their nature and how they’ve been nurtured, rather than one or the other. As environmentalists have noted that... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 11, 2019 - 7:21 pm
- Outdoor Therapy for Teens with Substance Use IssuesOne of the most common reasons teens experiment with substances is that they view substance use as a fun social activity that has the power to change their mood, which is particularly appealing to teens who struggle with low mood and loss of interest in activities they used to enjoy.... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: December 10, 2019 - 6:48 pm
- Can Virtual Outdoor Games Compare to Wilderness Therapy?People don’t have to go outside to enjoy nature’s restorative effects. Living close to green spaces or even having a view of nature from a window is associated with greater health benefits than living in an industrialized area. As public green spaces are disappearing and teens are spending more time... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: December 23, 2019 - 5:38 am
- Active Learning: Physical Activity in Outdoor ClassroomsStudents who participate in physical activity during school lessons do better on tests than students who stick to sedentary learning, according to a new study conducted by the University College London. Many students struggle with staying focused in a traditional classroom where lessons involve rote memorization and note-taking. Incorporating experiential... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: December 30, 2019 - 5:43 am
- Limiting Screen Time for Teens with ADHDMore than half of teens ages 12-17 report trying to take steps to limit their personal screen time and 57% claim their parents have tried to limit their technology use in one way or another. Limiting screen time can be particularly challenging for teens with ADHD due to difficulties with... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: December 2, 2019 - 8:17 pm