Adventure Therapy for Young Adults From Georgia
Adventure-Based Wilderness Therapy for Georgia Young Adults
Trails Momentum Adventure Based Wilderness Therapy provides young adults from Georgia with the therapeutic help they need to work through emotional and behavioral struggles. Adventure-based wilderness therapy for young adults from Georgia allows for personal and emotional growth. Trails Momentum is not located in Georgia, however, it may be helpful for your teen to have some physical distance from home. By removing Georgia young adults from their usual surroundings, adventure based therapy allows for Georgia young adults to look inward and gain personal skills such as teamwork, responsibility, and accountability.
Many adventure-based wilderness therapy programs for young adults from Georgia offer programming that combines outdoor and adventure therapy with traditional therapeutic practices like individual and group therapy. If parents are considering other therapeutic options like residential treatment centers, there is a wide range of evidence that supports adventure-based wilderness therapy as a great alternative to basic residential treatment.
Adventure-based wilderness therapy programming has given many Georgia families the opportunity to repair their damaged relationship with their child. Trails Momentum offers family-focused programming that includes weekly family therapy sessions, as well as family workshops.
Young adults from Georgia struggling with behavioral and emotional issues such as depression, anxiety, academic underachievement, substance experimentation, technology addiction and general failure to launch tendencies. Find growth and the therapeutic help they need at Trails Momentum.
Life Changing Adventure Therapy for Georgia young adults at Trails Momentum
Trails Momentum wilderness therapy offers top notch therapeutic programming for Georgia young adults struggling with emotional and behavioral issues like substance experimentation, academic underachievement, and technology addiction. Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for young adults from Georgia, Trails Momentum provides young adults with the transitional skills they will need to become productive, successful individuals after they leave Trails Momentum.
Trails Momentum encourages young adults to evaluate and reflect on past decisions and actions. By providing a safe, nurturing environment for Georgia young adults to work with expert therapists on developing coping tools designed to work through their struggles, Trails Momentum has helped hundreds of young adults lead successful, happy lives long after they attend the program.
During adventure-based therapy, young adults learn how to work well with their peers and develop a sense of accountability and respect for those around them. These skills allow for an effective transition after a Georgia young adult leaves wilderness therapy. Wilderness therapy, such as the program offered at Trails Momentum, can completely change your young adults view of the world. Through a combination of family therapy, individual therapy, experiential therapy, and group therapy, Trails Momentum offers a top notch wilderness therapy program that can help your young adult find success.
Your Little Professor: Your Little Professor provides a variety of information for parents seeking help for their troubled child. It also contains information about treatment options for struggling young adults, including detailed information about wilderness therapy. Although the site is mainly focused on helping parents of children on the autism spectrum, Your Little Professor has a bit of information for parents of young adults struggling with other emotional and behavioral issues such as substance use and depression.
MentalHealth.gov- MentalHealth.gov is the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services webpage discussing a variety of mental health diagnoses that many Americans work through on a daily basis. It includes a database of information in which individuals can search for local mental health resources.
Who does Trails Momentum help?
Trails Momentum helps young adults who struggle with challenges such as the issues below:
– Poor family relationships
– Low motivation
– Without goals
– Lack accountability
– Failing to launch
– Disengaged from family and friends
– Drug and alcohol experimentation
– Lack educational foundation
– Fear of failure
– Low self confidence
– Poor self esteem
– Technology addicted
– Social media addicted
– Lacking trust in yourself or others
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Georgia
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Georgia Families From
Some examples of cities from Georgia which may have families who could use Trails Momentum: Atlanta Columbus Augusta Macon Savannah Athens Sandy Springs Roswell Johns Creek Albany Warner Robins Alpharetta Marietta Valdosta Smyrna Brookhaven
- New Study Reveals Effect of Healthy Lifestyle Risk Factors for Depression and Anxiety in TeensDepression and anxiety are the most common mental health issues and are often co-occurring. While they are both neurological conditions that are influenced by family history, a new study looking at behavioral risk factors of depression and anxiety in teens found that obesity, limited physical activity, and an unhealthy diet... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: May 8, 2019 - 4:22 pm
- New Year, New Me: Five Ideas For Realistic New Years ResolutionsEveryone knows New Year’s resolutions can be hard to keep. With goals like losing weight and staying active, people may start the year off on the right foot but start to renege on their commitment as the year goes on. Creating realistic New Year’s resolutions can prevent feelings of failure... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: January 1, 2019 - 6:21 pm
- You Are Not Alone: Helping Your Adolescent Find Substance Use TreatmentWhile experimentation with substances is a common feature of identity exploration, it can become problematic when it interferes with daily functioning and relationships and can lead to later negative consequences and substance dependence. Teenagers who use drugs are more likely to get high out of curiosity or due to peer... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 9, 2019 - 8:37 pm
- Addressing Trauma in Teenage YearsThe teenage years can bring about new and difficult challenges for individuals. Adding trauma into the mix can make things even more overwhelming. Trauma in teenage years can have lasting impacts on one’s life if not properly addressed. As a parent you may feel helpless or unsure of what to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 23, 2019 - 7:19 pm
- Benefits of Wilderness Therapy for Seasonal Affective DisorderSeasonal affective disorder keeps individuals from enjoying life to the fullest. While researchers are unsure of what exactly causes SAD, some theories suggest it is light affecting the hormone called melatonin. Seasonal affective disorder impacts individuals differently- some experience more mild symptoms than others. Wilderness therapy lends itself to be... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: January 18, 2019 - 6:28 pm
- Reducing Stress in Teens: Benefits Of Green SpacesA new study shows that being outdoors can contribute to reducing stress in teens. The psychological benefits of being around green spaces, in general, are receiving growing attention from scientists. Similarly, there is some evidence that exercising in natural environments, as opposed to indoors, improves mental well-being. As a parent... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: May 13, 2019 - 8:52 pm
- The Unhealthy Connection Between Perfectionism and AnxietyWhile being a perfectionist can be a good thing, perfectionism can have negative impacts on one’s life. In fact, perfectionism can be directly linked to anxiety. On the surface perfectionism is basically one’s desire to be a perfect person. “Healthy” perfectionism can help motivate one to achieve goals, complete tasks,... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 29, 2019 - 5:29 pm
- Getting Behind the Bottle: Help for Teen Alcohol UseThe teenage years are full of hormonal changes, desire to fit in, and peer pressures. This is a common period in which one gets invited to participate in risky behaviors such as consuming alcohol. Help for teen alcohol use can begin at home. However, the first step of helping is... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 15, 2019 - 3:54 pm