Adventure Therapy for Young Adults From DC
Adventure-Based Wilderness Therapy for DC Young Adults
Trails Momentum Adventure Based Wilderness Therapy provides young adults from DC with the therapeutic help they need to work through emotional and behavioral struggles. Adventure-based wilderness therapy for young adults from DC allows for personal and emotional growth. Trails Momentum is not located in DC, however, it may be helpful for your teen to have some physical distance from home. By removing DC young adults from their usual surroundings, adventure based therapy allows for DC young adults to look inward and gain personal skills such as teamwork, responsibility, and accountability.
Many adventure-based wilderness therapy programs for young adults from DC offer programming that combines outdoor and adventure therapy with traditional therapeutic practices like individual and group therapy. If parents are considering other therapeutic options like residential treatment centers, there is a wide range of evidence that supports adventure-based wilderness therapy as a great alternative to basic residential treatment.
Adventure-based wilderness therapy programming has given many DC families the opportunity to repair their damaged relationship with their child. Trails Momentum offers family-focused programming that includes weekly family therapy sessions, as well as family workshops.
Young adults from DC struggling with behavioral and emotional issues such as depression, anxiety, academic underachievement, substance experimentation, technology addiction and general failure to launch tendencies. Find growth and the therapeutic help they need at Trails Momentum.
Who does Trails Momentum help?
Trails Momentum helps young adults who struggle with challenges such as the issues below:
– Drug and alcohol experimentation
– Disengaged from family and friends
– Poor self esteem
– Lack educational foundation
– Low motivation
– Technology addicted
– Fear of failure
– Social media addicted
– Lack accountability
– Lacking trust in yourself or others
– Failing to launch
– Poor family relationships
– Low self confidence
– Without goals
Life Changing Adventure Therapy for DC young adults at Trails Momentum
Trails Momentum wilderness therapy offers top notch therapeutic programming for DC young adults struggling with emotional and behavioral issues like substance experimentation, academic underachievement, and technology addiction. Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for young adults from DC, Trails Momentum provides young adults with the transitional skills they will need to become productive, successful individuals after they leave Trails Momentum.
Trails Momentum encourages young adults to evaluate and reflect on past decisions and actions. By providing a safe, nurturing environment for DC young adults to work with expert therapists on developing coping tools designed to work through their struggles, Trails Momentum has helped hundreds of young adults lead successful, happy lives long after they attend the program.
During adventure-based therapy, young adults learn how to work well with their peers and develop a sense of accountability and respect for those around them. These skills allow for an effective transition after a DC young adult leaves wilderness therapy. Wilderness therapy, such as the program offered at Trails Momentum, can completely change your young adults view of the world. Through a combination of family therapy, individual therapy, experiential therapy, and group therapy, Trails Momentum offers a top notch wilderness therapy program that can help your young adult find success.
Advocates for Youth : Intended for both adolescents and their parents, Advocates for Youth offers invaluable advice on how to efficiently combat mental problems in young adults. Whether you are a concerned parent or an individual seeking help, here you can find many articles about the problems young adults have to deal with in the modern world.
Psychology Today- Psychology Today has articles created for the purpose of informing and educating people affected by mental health issues, including parents of struggling young adults. Their articles are written by leading psychologists and experts in the mental health field seeking to educate the public on current mental health topics.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps DC Families From
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From DC
Trails Momentum helps DC families from cities and towns like Washington
- Trails Carolina Primary Therapist Discusses Helping Teens with Attachment IssuesDifficulties with attachment are a common issue amongst individuals who have been adopted or who struggled with abuse or neglect in their early childhood. Teens with attachment issues often struggle with establishing boundaries and may not understand how to build meaningful relationships with others. At Trails Carolina, we work closely... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: September 13, 2018 - 7:42 pm
- Dealing with Defiance: Six Tips for Decreasing Defiant BehaviorMost parents know what is like to live with a defiant teenager. Teens often feel inclined to push buttons and test the limits enforced upon them. This can be extremely frustrating for parents and create a constant power struggle within the home. The teenage years are when one is trying... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 20, 2018 - 6:48 pm
- Reconnecting on Common Ground: Family Programming at Trails CarolinaAt Trails, our Common Ground programming provides an opportunity for students to reconnect with their families after being away. The reconnection happens through a series of planned activities and events that span over multiple days. Participating in Common Ground can be beneficial for the family dynamic as a whole. Therapists... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 16, 2018 - 1:47 pm
- Avoid a Bummer Summer: Summer Options For A Struggling TeenSummertime is here! This means the teens are out of school. Unfortunately, with less supervision, summertime invites some to see what kinds of shenanigans they can get in to. If you have an at-risk or troubled teen living in your home, don’t worry. Come up with a plan and explore... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 22, 2018 - 8:42 pm
- Not just a nightmare: Help for a defiant teenager using drugsSubstance abuse is every parent’s worst nightmare, whether it’s alcohol or drugs like marijuana. Dealing with teenagers is hard on its own, but when you have a defiant teenager using drugs, things get a lot more complicated. And although you might think your teenager is just “experimenting“ with drugs, keep... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: October 23, 2018 - 1:39 pm
- Talking Boys and Body Image: Helping Boys Struggling With Body ImageThe body image issue is often booming among girls. Dr. Roberts addresses the complex stigma that exists among the male population, “…there seems to be a stigma around males being too concerned with body image, and yet, there is societal pressure on males to meet certain physical ideals, like being... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 29, 2018 - 1:48 pm
- Putting A Stop to Self-HarmSelf-harm is a way in which some children and teens cope with emotional distress. Research shows that about 15 percent of adolescents engage in self-harm. There are various methods that can be considered self-harm, as the term itself refers to self-inflicting physical pain. Some forms of self-harm include cutting, burning,... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 26, 2018 - 5:56 pm
- Winter in Wilderness Therapy: Keeping students warm during the winter monthsAs chillier weather sets into the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, it is Trails Carolina’s utmost concern to keep students feeling comfortable and warm while participating in wilderness therapy in the great outdoors. During cooler months, we instill a variety of practices and techniques that help keep students and... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 15, 2018 - 3:25 pm