Adventure Therapy for Young Adults From DC
Adventure-Based Wilderness Therapy for DC Young Adults
Trails Momentum Adventure Based Wilderness Therapy provides young adults from DC with the therapeutic help they need to work through emotional and behavioral struggles. Adventure-based wilderness therapy for young adults from DC allows for personal and emotional growth. Trails Momentum is not located in DC, however, it may be helpful for your teen to have some physical distance from home. By removing DC young adults from their usual surroundings, adventure based therapy allows for DC young adults to look inward and gain personal skills such as teamwork, responsibility, and accountability.
Many adventure-based wilderness therapy programs for young adults from DC offer programming that combines outdoor and adventure therapy with traditional therapeutic practices like individual and group therapy. If parents are considering other therapeutic options like residential treatment centers, there is a wide range of evidence that supports adventure-based wilderness therapy as a great alternative to basic residential treatment.
Adventure-based wilderness therapy programming has given many DC families the opportunity to repair their damaged relationship with their child. Trails Momentum offers family-focused programming that includes weekly family therapy sessions, as well as family workshops.
Young adults from DC struggling with behavioral and emotional issues such as depression, anxiety, academic underachievement, substance experimentation, technology addiction and general failure to launch tendencies. Find growth and the therapeutic help they need at Trails Momentum.
Who does Trails Momentum help?
Trails Momentum helps young adults who struggle with challenges such as the issues below:
– Drug and alcohol experimentation
– Disengaged from family and friends
– Poor self esteem
– Lack educational foundation
– Low motivation
– Technology addicted
– Fear of failure
– Social media addicted
– Lack accountability
– Lacking trust in yourself or others
– Failing to launch
– Poor family relationships
– Low self confidence
– Without goals
Life Changing Adventure Therapy for DC young adults at Trails Momentum
Trails Momentum wilderness therapy offers top notch therapeutic programming for DC young adults struggling with emotional and behavioral issues like substance experimentation, academic underachievement, and technology addiction. Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for young adults from DC, Trails Momentum provides young adults with the transitional skills they will need to become productive, successful individuals after they leave Trails Momentum.
Trails Momentum encourages young adults to evaluate and reflect on past decisions and actions. By providing a safe, nurturing environment for DC young adults to work with expert therapists on developing coping tools designed to work through their struggles, Trails Momentum has helped hundreds of young adults lead successful, happy lives long after they attend the program.
During adventure-based therapy, young adults learn how to work well with their peers and develop a sense of accountability and respect for those around them. These skills allow for an effective transition after a DC young adult leaves wilderness therapy. Wilderness therapy, such as the program offered at Trails Momentum, can completely change your young adults view of the world. Through a combination of family therapy, individual therapy, experiential therapy, and group therapy, Trails Momentum offers a top notch wilderness therapy program that can help your young adult find success.
Advocates for Youth : Intended for both adolescents and their parents, Advocates for Youth offers invaluable advice on how to efficiently combat mental problems in young adults. Whether you are a concerned parent or an individual seeking help, here you can find many articles about the problems young adults have to deal with in the modern world.
Psychology Today- Psychology Today has articles created for the purpose of informing and educating people affected by mental health issues, including parents of struggling young adults. Their articles are written by leading psychologists and experts in the mental health field seeking to educate the public on current mental health topics.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps DC Families From
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From DC
Trails Momentum helps DC families from cities and towns like Washington
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for Teens with AnxietyA common phrase used to signal anxiety is “I have butterflies in my stomach.” This suggests that people are subconsciously aware of how physical sensations can alert us to anxious thoughts without necessarily making the connection. Teens are often better at noticing signs of physical anxiety than being able to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: January 7, 2020 - 6:55 pm
- Outdoor Therapy for Teens with Substance Use IssuesOne of the most common reasons teens experiment with substances is that they view substance use as a fun social activity that has the power to change their mood, which is particularly appealing to teens who struggle with low mood and loss of interest in activities they used to enjoy.... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: December 10, 2019 - 6:48 pm
- Why is Nature Nurturing? 4 Benefits of a Wilderness EnvironmentThe nature-nurture debate has sparked interest in recent years, as people have observed the impact of environmental factors in changing one’s behavior. Most psychologists argue that people’s experiences are shaped by both their nature and how they’ve been nurtured, rather than one or the other. As environmentalists have noted that... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 11, 2019 - 7:21 pm
- How Wilderness Can Help Teens with Bipolar Disorder Find Balance in Their LivesTeenagers are known for mood swings, but sometimes their high highs and low lows may be more than just hormonal changes. It is hard to recognize bipolar disorder in teens when transient periods of moodiness are normalized. Knowing the difference between bipolar disorder, depression, and teen mood swings is important... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: February 18, 2020 - 9:28 pm
- Limiting Screen Time for Teens with ADHDMore than half of teens ages 12-17 report trying to take steps to limit their personal screen time and 57% claim their parents have tried to limit their technology use in one way or another. Limiting screen time can be particularly challenging for teens with ADHD due to difficulties with... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: December 2, 2019 - 8:17 pm
- Study Shows Effects of Air Pollution on Child’s Mental HealthOne of the biggest unspoken threats of the climate crisis we are facing is the effect of the environment on children’s mental health. Teens are spending more time inside because of the draw of technology, but it is possible that outdoor environments are less appealing in urban neighborhoods with fewer... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: December 17, 2019 - 1:49 pm
- Family Stress Over Holiday Season Leads to Unhealthy CopingFor some, the winter holidays are the most wonderful time of year. For others, it brings out their inner Grinch, irritated by the joy other people seem to be experiencing during a period of intense family stress. Teens look forward to unstructured time over winter break, but it often only... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 18, 2019 - 3:00 pm
- Showing Gratitude in Relationships Over Holiday SeasonThere should be more than one day a year dedicated to giving thanks and showing appreciation for people in your life. The holiday season is a good reminder to focus on spending time with loved ones, giving to others, and acknowledging the positives in one’s life. This can be particularly... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 22, 2019 - 9:12 pm