Adventure Therapy for Young Adults From Colorado
Trails Momentum adventure therapy helps young adults from Colorado heal
When young adults from Colorado first come to Trails Momentum, they may initially be adverse to the idea. Some level of apprehension is completely normal for young adults in need of therapeutic help. Trails Momentum combines evidence-based therapeutic treatment techniques with the support of caring, nurturing experts to give struggling young adults from Colorado the best care possible. Trails Momentum offers the highest level of therapeutic care for Colorado young adults and their families.
At Trails Momentum adventure therapy, young adults are placed in an environment where they are able to interact with their peers and mentors creating a strong, emotionally safe community. Within this community, given distance from the various ways young adults escape from the world around them (i.e. social media, video games, and television), young adults are able to focus on creating new coping skills and becoming more self aware.
Trails Momentum offers a unique approach to adventure-based wilderness therapy with the following:
- Family-focused therapy: At Trails Momentum, families from Colorado and all over the U.S. are provided a life-altering experience. The unparalleled attention paid to reconnecting families with their young adults is a truly special aspect of Trails Momentum wilderness therapy.
- Transitional skills: After young adults leave Trails Momentum, they can transition back home to Colorado smoothly because of the useful life skills learned during their time at Momentum.
- Educational programming: Trails Momentum recognizes that for many young adults, educational milestones and goals are intertwined with one’s identity, self-esteem and ability to transition into adult independence. For that very reason, Trails Momentum and its team of highly experienced educators have deliberately designed educational programming to meet the needs of its students.
Adventure Therapy for Colorado Young Adults
Trails Momentum is a leading adventure therapy program for Colorado young adults working through emotional or behavioral issues. Trails Momentum helps young adults address and deal with problems such as depression, anxiety, academic underachievement, substance experimentation, failure to launch, technology addiction and poor emotional regulation.
Adventure-based wilderness therapy helps Colorado young adults work through discovering their inner empowerment by removing them from the distractions of everyday life and placing them in a healing environment that aids the process of gaining the tools necessary to launch to independence.
This removal from everyday life distractions and stressors allows young adults to become focused on becoming their best selves by gaining the confidence and skills necessary to work through past struggles and gain independence.
Although Trails Momentum wilderness therapy is not located in Colorado, the program is designed for young adults across the country. Sending your young adult out of Colorado to get help for their struggles can be beneficial to your young adult’s healing process. By physically removing your young adult from the negative influences of peers and situations that may encourage your young adult’s struggles to continue, your teen can take a close look at how their behaviors are affecting others and take steps to improve their overall mental health.
Through a combination of expert, professional staff, family-focused programming, and evidence-based therapeutic offerings, Trails Momentum provides Colorado young adults and their families with the therapeutic tools necessary for lasting change.
Trails Momentum is a sister program to Trails Carolina, a wilderness therapy program which helps teens ages 10-17. If you’re interested in their programming, please call 800-975-7303.
For more information about how Trails Momentum wilderness therapy can help your child from Colorado, please call (877) 296-8711 today!
Wilderness Therapy is Effective: This study conducted by the Center for Research, Assessment, and Treatment Efficacy and the Arkansas Interdisciplinary Sciences Library, offers insight into the overall effects of wilderness therapy programs like Trails Momentum. In this study, adolescent participants in wilderness therapy programs experienced significant reductions in troubled behavior during treatment and maintained improved behavior for a year after treatment. Participants in the study, more specifically, demonstrated improvements in anxiety, depression, substance abuse and dependency. They also improved in school significantly.
Psychology Today- Psychology Today has articles created for the purpose of informing and educating people affected by mental health issues, including parents of struggling young adults. Their articles are written by leading psychologists and experts in the mental health field seeking to educate the public on current mental health topics.
Who does Trails Momentum help?
Trails Momentum helps young adults who struggle with challenges such as the issues below:
– Social media addicted
– Without goals
– Technology addicted
– Drug and alcohol experimentation
– Low motivation
– Poor self esteem
– Lack educational foundation
– Lack accountability
– Low self confidence
– Fear of failure
– Disengaged from family and friends
– Lacking trust in yourself or others
– Poor family relationships
– Failing to launch
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Colorado Families From
Some examples of cities from Colorado which may have families who could use Trails Momentum: Denver Colorado Springs Aurora Fort Collins Lakewood Thornton Arvada Westminster Pueblo Centennial Boulder Greeley Longmont Loveland Broomfield Grand Junction Castle Rock town Commerce
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Colorado
Trails Momentum helps Colorado families from cities and towns like Cherry Hills Village Aspen Greenwood Village Columbine Valley Vail Edwards Genesee Niwot Boulder Basalt
- The Purpose of Bow Drilling in Wilderness TherapyThere is evidence that humans have been using fire as a survival tool for as long as a million years, but it took several hundred thousand years for us to perfect the skill of building and controlling fires. Over time, we have learned to skip steps along the way and... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: August 4, 2020 - 7:23 pm
- How Group Therapy Can Help Young Girls Process TraumaIndividual therapy is a wonderful tool for helping teenagers overcome their fears, improve their moods, and explore their feelings. But sometimes individual therapy is only one component in an effective treatment plan. For young girls dealing with a traumatic event in their past, group therapy can provide therapists with the... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 5, 2020 - 6:45 pm
- Teens and Risky Behaviors: What Issues Are More Than Just Growing Pains?We know that teens have a reputation for engaging in risky behavior. But when is it typical healthy risk-taking and when does the risky behavior become a larger concern? Why Do Teens Take Risks? Teen’s brains are wired to seek out stimulation. It is one of the reasons that social... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: October 23, 2020 - 3:48 pm
- My adopted child has attachment issues: How can I find treatment for them?Adoption can be one of the most rewarding experiences of a parent’s life. After months or years of waiting for your family to feel complete, you finally get to bring home your child. And while adoption is incredibly rewarding, it can also come with it’s own set of challenges. One... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: August 24, 2020 - 6:40 pm
- Benefits of Adventure Therapy for Young GirlsPreteen girls face a unique set of challenges compared to their male peers or even older teen girls. They are just beginning to enter the world of teen girl social dynamics, higher expectations in school, and negative peer pressure. This can be an overwhelming time in their lives, and for... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: October 29, 2020 - 3:09 pm
- Can Yoga Help Improve Anxiety In Teens?When you say the word “yoga”, most people’s thoughts go straight to green juice, leggings, and the pretzel body shapes that grace yoga magazine covers. Yoga is often touted as a workout, with a dazzling amount of options from hot yoga to goat yoga. But yoga can be an incredibly... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: September 1, 2020 - 4:56 pm
- Anger Issues in Teens: How to Help Your ChildTeenagers have a reputation for being angry and irritable, and while anger can be a messy or even frightening emotion, that doesn’t mean we don’t want teens to feel it. It is important for teens to experience a full spectrum of emotions in a healthy way. When that anger is... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 12, 2020 - 4:51 pm
- Committing Your Teen to a Healthy Sleep ScheduleCommitting Your Teen to a Healthy Sleep Schedule Have you gotten used to seeing the glow of screens from beneath your teen’s door late into the night? Or maybe you’ve noticed how hard it is to wake them up in the morning for school. Sleep is such an integral part... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: October 15, 2020 - 3:12 pm