Adventure Therapy for Young Adults From Alaska
Adventure Therapy for Alaska Young Adults
Trails Momentum is a leading adventure therapy program for Alaska young adults working through emotional or behavioral issues. Trails Momentum helps young adults address and deal with problems such as depression, anxiety, academic underachievement, substance experimentation, failure to launch, technology addiction and poor emotional regulation.
Adventure-based wilderness therapy helps Alaska young adults work through discovering their inner empowerment by removing them from the distractions of everyday life and placing them in a healing environment that aids the process of gaining the tools necessary to launch to independence.
This removal from everyday life distractions and stressors allows young adults to become focused on becoming their best selves by gaining the confidence and skills necessary to work through past struggles and gain independence.
Although Trails Momentum wilderness therapy is not located in Alaska, the program is designed for young adults across the country. Sending your young adult out of Alaska to get help for their struggles can be beneficial to your young adult’s healing process. By physically removing your young adult from the negative influences of peers and situations that may encourage your young adult’s struggles to continue, your teen can take a close look at how their behaviors are affecting others and take steps to improve their overall mental health.
Through a combination of expert, professional staff, family-focused programming, and evidence-based therapeutic offerings, Trails Momentum provides Alaska young adults and their families with the therapeutic tools necessary for lasting change.
Trails Momentum is a sister program to Trails Carolina, a wilderness therapy program which helps teens ages 10-17. If you’re interested in their programming, please call 800-975-7303.
Who does Trails Momentum help?
Trails Momentum helps young adults who struggle with challenges such as the issues below:
– Drug and alcohol experimentation
– Disengaged from family and friends
– Lack educational foundation
– Low motivation
– Social media addicted
– Fear of failure
– Without goals
– Poor family relationships
– Lacking trust in yourself or others
– Poor self esteem
– Low self confidence
– Lack accountability
– Technology addicted
– Failing to launch
Trails Momentum adventure therapy helps young adults from Alaska heal
When young adults from Alaska first come to Trails Momentum, they may initially be adverse to the idea. Some level of apprehension is completely normal for young adults in need of therapeutic help. Trails Momentum combines evidence-based therapeutic treatment techniques with the support of caring, nurturing experts to give struggling young adults from Alaska the best care possible. Trails Momentum offers the highest level of therapeutic care for Alaska young adults and their families.
At Trails Momentum adventure therapy, young adults are placed in an environment where they are able to interact with their peers and mentors creating a strong, emotionally safe community. Within this community, given distance from the various ways young adults escape from the world around them (i.e. social media, video games, and television), young adults are able to focus on creating new coping skills and becoming more self aware.
Trails Momentum offers a unique approach to adventure-based wilderness therapy with the following:
- Family-focused therapy: At Trails Momentum, families from Alaska and all over the U.S. are provided a life-altering experience. The unparalleled attention paid to reconnecting families with their young adults is a truly special aspect of Trails Momentum wilderness therapy.
- Transitional skills: After young adults leave Trails Momentum, they can transition back home to Alaska smoothly because of the useful life skills learned during their time at Momentum.
- Educational programming: Trails Momentum recognizes that for many young adults, educational milestones and goals are intertwined with one’s identity, self-esteem and ability to transition into adult independence. For that very reason, Trails Momentum and its team of highly experienced educators have deliberately designed educational programming to meet the needs of its students.
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)- NAMI provides a variety of resources for individuals who want to learn more about mental health struggles, who suffer from mental health issues themselves, or who have a loved one struggling with a mental health issue. NAMI has a wide array of articles that provide helpful information for people interested in learning more about mental health issues. They also have localized websites in order to help individuals learn more about local mental health resources.
Psychology Today- Psychology Today has articles created for the purpose of informing and educating people affected by mental health issues, including parents of struggling young adults. Their articles are written by leading psychologists and experts in the mental health field seeking to educate the public on current mental health topics.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Alaska Families From
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Alaska
Trails Momentum helps Alaska families from cities and towns like Juneau Kodiak Anchorage Lakes Knik-Fairview Palmer Tanaina Wasilla Ketchickan Meadow Lakes
- My adopted child has attachment issues: How can I find treatment for them?Adoption can be one of the most rewarding experiences of a parent’s life. After months or years of waiting for your family to feel complete, you finally get to bring home your child. And while adoption is incredibly rewarding, it can also come with it’s own set of challenges. One... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: August 24, 2020 - 6:40 pm
- Dealing with Teenage Rebellion and DefianceMany parents can pinpoint the exact year that their child changed from wanting to sit in their lap and read stories to wanting nothing to do with them. And it is not surprising that it is usually in the pre-teen and teen years. Conflict with your teenager may seem inevitable.... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: September 28, 2020 - 3:26 am
- How Does the Pandemic Affect TeensCOVID-19 has radically changed day to day life for people around the world. Beyond just fears of becoming ill, or having a loved one become ill, teens are also feeling the negative effects of this pandemic on many levels. Loneliness and isolation: As cities across the world headed into lockdown... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 20, 2020 - 4:03 pm
- The Purpose of Bow Drilling in Wilderness TherapyThere is evidence that humans have been using fire as a survival tool for as long as a million years, but it took several hundred thousand years for us to perfect the skill of building and controlling fires. Over time, we have learned to skip steps along the way and... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: August 4, 2020 - 7:23 pm
- Committing Your Teen to a Healthy Sleep ScheduleCommitting Your Teen to a Healthy Sleep Schedule Have you gotten used to seeing the glow of screens from beneath your teen’s door late into the night? Or maybe you’ve noticed how hard it is to wake them up in the morning for school. Sleep is such an integral part... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: October 15, 2020 - 3:12 pm
- Can Yoga Help Improve Anxiety In Teens?When you say the word “yoga”, most people’s thoughts go straight to green juice, leggings, and the pretzel body shapes that grace yoga magazine covers. Yoga is often touted as a workout, with a dazzling amount of options from hot yoga to goat yoga. But yoga can be an incredibly... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: September 1, 2020 - 4:56 pm
- Anger Issues in Teens: How to Help Your ChildTeenagers have a reputation for being angry and irritable, and while anger can be a messy or even frightening emotion, that doesn’t mean we don’t want teens to feel it. It is important for teens to experience a full spectrum of emotions in a healthy way. When that anger is... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 12, 2020 - 4:51 pm
- Teens and Risky Behaviors: What Issues Are More Than Just Growing Pains?We know that teens have a reputation for engaging in risky behavior. But when is it typical healthy risk-taking and when does the risky behavior become a larger concern? Why Do Teens Take Risks? Teen’s brains are wired to seek out stimulation. It is one of the reasons that social... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: October 23, 2020 - 3:48 pm